38. The Past Is The Future

**** hey guys, here's a quick update to give you a break from Rynnie drama, a new character is introduced XD hope you enjoy, this is for my friend Rhylen and dedicated to a special friend of hers ****

*Andy*

The babd and I had yet another photo-shoot. It seems like we were always getting photographed and interviewed, and they didn't always appreciate us for our music. Sometimes I wonder about if we would still be so popular if we weren't all so damn attractive.

We were in a room for a photoshoot, finishing up the photos and waiting for the interviewer to come; they were late, and we weren't sure what to make of it, so we just hung out for a bit waiting for them to come.

I wonder if they don't want to interview us, or if they're late dolling themselves up, or-

My thoughts were interrupted by the echoing of a door clanging open, getting everyones attention.

A girl came in through the photoshoot door, her long brown her pulled back into a ponytail. She pulled at the ponytail and looked around seeing everyone staring.

She was holding a notebook in her hand, and I figured she must be the interviewer. Wonder what took her so long.....

When I first looked at her, she looked a bit familiar, but I shook it off, figuring I had seen her in a video or been interviewed by her before.

"Sorry I'm late" she said, and the photographer waved at her, like he was dismissing her. For some reason, I didn't like that.

The girl started setting up 2 chairs for exclusive interviews, meaning we might be here for a while. But I was completely fine with that; she was gorgeous, and I wouldn't get tired of looking at her easily.

And then it hit me, how I recognized her, when she looked up and I got a good look at her face, staring at her pretty brown eyes.

She looked familiar because I knew her. She was an old friend from high school. God, I hadn't seen her in years, I had nearly forgotten about her.

"Esha?" I said, wanting to make sure I wasn't just making up who she was. God if I got her name wrong, that would be horrible...

She looked up and walked closer to me, a concentrated look on her face, and then her eyes widened.

"Andy? Oh my god" she said, and I broke away from the photoshoot, running over to her and pulling her into a hug, spinning her around in my excitement.

"Holy shit, it's so great to see you! What are you doing here?" I asked, grinning at her stupidly and completely forgetting my previous assumption that she was the interviewer.

She gave me a funny look but smiled and said "Likewise. And I'm here to get exclusive interviews with you and your band. I work for Kerrang" she said, and I looked at her in slight shock. I had never imagined her working for a big magazine like Kerrang. It shouldn't be such a shock though, I'm sure she's great at it.

"Wow, so you're a reporter?" I asked, and she shook her head a little, making her hair shake behind her, a few strands hanging onto her shoulders. "I'm a writer, or journalist. You could consider me a reporter I guess.

She gave me an easy smile. "Wow, it's so great to see you" she said, looking up at me, adding in "you're so tall".

I laughed and grinned down at her short frame. Everyone was short to me, but she was really short. "I've always been tall. You aren't a little girl anymore" I said.

For a moment I had a bit of a flashback of her in high school. There I was, the lanky, tall guy, and there she was, the awkward little high-schooler who fumbled with her books and was constantly pushing her glasses up her nose. We were so different, and yet we were friends.

I had to shake my head to clear the memories away before focusing on Esha again.

"Nope, I grew up" Esha said, and I nodded, looking at how she had changed, the beautiful body of a lady definitely different from the awkward high school body. She had been rather awkward back then, but I still thought she was pretty.

Now, she was stunning. I think it's more because she was more sure of herself than before, it really brought out her beauty to see that she was so comfortable and confident.

I felt awkward thinking about her hot body so I smirked at her and teased her, saying "Well, I don't know about growing too much, but you're definitely older."

She shook her head, a little smile on her face. Good, I was worried my teasing might make her angry.

"We need to catch up" I said and hugged her again, grinning when I heard her laugh. "Yes we do. But for now, go and finish your photoshoot so I can get those interviews" she said, grinning at me before shooing me away.

For the rest of the photoshoot, I couldn't pay attention to what the photographer was saying; I was too busy remembering high school with Esha and getting distracted by her standing in the corner messing around in her notebook, biting the tip of the pencil and thinking hard. So the photoshoot took longer than it should have, but I couldn't help it.

It was strange to have this reunion with Esha now, after all that had happened with Echo and everything.

It was weird to me, how we had been thrust together now.

Maybe it was a miracle, maybe it was a God, maybe it was fate. Who knows. People have their own explanations for things.

Either way, I was glad we had reunited like this. For the first time since Echo had left, I felt like there wasn't a hole in me, like I was myself again, whole and, hell, happy.