Chapter Five

I avoid Nick for about a day and a half before he tracks me down. I blame Brenn.

I'm in a corner of the library by the window, shelves hiding me from view; headphones in, typing an essay on my laptop. I almost choke on my own spit when I see Nick.

He must have walked around the whole library to find me. Nick grabs a chair and sits right next to me.

"Hey, gorgeous," He's wearing that jean jacket. God. His hair is all untidy. Damn. He's chewing gum. It.

"Hey," I pull down my earphones and give him a small smile.

"Where you been?" His gum snaps. My throat feels like it's filled with bees.

"Around," I shrug.

"I miss you," He says in my ear. I don't pull away. "Like a lot." He smells like clean sheets and artificial fruit.

"I miss you too," I swallow.

Nick's hand lightly touches my knee and his fingers slowly trail up my thigh. He plays with the hem of my skirt. I bite the inside of my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I squeak, quietly. I don't want him to stop, I feel like I'm on a roller-coaster but I'm stuck in the moment right before you drop.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Nick's hand edges just underneath my skirt. 

My hands are on the desk, I'm fiddling with my fingers. His are on my skin and my chest starts feeling flushed.

"I am not, I'm just busy."

"What'd I do wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong, I just," I'm avoiding eye contact with him. I look down at his hand inching beneath my skirt. My heart skips a beat. I feel like its playing hopscotch. "I'm busy."

"You already said that, sweetheart," He takes both his hands and grabs my thighs, lifting me up and setting me down in his lap.

I look around for a second afraid someone might yell at us but then my eyes lock on his and I can't look away.

I'm straddling him, his hands underneath my skirt, his hands gripping my thighs.

"What are you doing?" I don't try to move away or reposition. I can feel his jeans rubbing against my skin. My hands are still glued in front of me, not touching him because I know if I do I won't stop.

"What am I doing?" He says against my lips.

"That's what I just asked you," I'm getting annoyed and I try moving but he grips me tighter.

"Don't move I want you right here," He says it calmly but there's an edge to it. I feel like there's a pit inside my stomach, warmth spreads from his fingertips into my whole body. The roller-coaster still doesn't drop I'm still at the edge about to fall, a million miles per hour.

His fingers tease at the edge of my underwear. My knees clench tighter around him and he smiles softly. Jerk.

"I am maybe avoiding you a little bit," I'm whispering so quietly, afraid someone is going to round the corner and catch us. Even though I'm only sitting in his lap. I have a feeling it won't be just that soon.

"Why?" He suddenly kisses me before I can answer. I feel the words bubble in my throat and then get swallowed by him. I can taste the gum but he keeps it in his mouth. It's watermelon.

He pulls back and looks at me, his hands at the hem of my panties almost tickling across my skin.

"You're distracting," I say.

Nick chuckles quietly at that and I think he's gonna set me back in my chair and stop you know, distracting me.

He doesn't.

Nick finally slides his hand into my underwear. My breathe hitches and he grips my hip with his other hand.

Shit he's so good at this. He's rubbing my clit and I have to bite my lip so I don't make any noise.

One of his fingers goes inside me and I swear I bite my lip so hard it might bleed. Nick has fucking nice hands and even fucking nicer fingers I feel like I'm being touched by a goddamn angel.

You know, if angels actually fingered people in libraries.

My knees are trembling and my hands slide up the back of Nick's shirt. He kisses me again and I drag my nails down his back until he groans into my mouth.

"Fuck," He whispers.

His fingers are making me weak and I'm about to drop down, and I can smell watermelon and I think I made his back bleed and I forget for a second where I am.

The roller-coaster drops so hard I moan into his mouth and then I'm slowing down, breathing and my fingernails detach from his skin and I can taste his gum.

I'm sweating and my body is trying to get off the ride, I've come to a stop.

Nick's fingers slip out of me and he lifts me by the waist and sets me back down on my chair. He's breathing heavily.

"Now will you stop avoiding me?" He says and stands up straight waiting for my answer.

"Uh," I clear my throat. I'm not even sure how much time has passed since he's been here. My essay is unfinished and now I won't be able to focus because I'll just be thinking about Nick and his fingers and watermelon and blood underneath my nails and how I want him to give me another orgasm that feels like my body was shattered and then rebuilt by his hands. "Would you hate me if I said no?"

Nick blinks at me like he's angry and he leans down to kiss me. Hard. I feel dizzy for a minute and I want more, I need more but he pulls away and I try not to pout.

"Whatever you want, Andy, I'll do it," He kisses me quickly one last time and then leaves.

I'm reeling, spinning. I chew on watermelon gum.