Chapter Seven

November

I text my mom I have a boyfriend. She doesn't reply.

I sigh and toss my phone onto the floor.

I'm sitting in my dorm room, wearing one of Nick's shirts and black leggings. Brenn is at the library claiming she needs to go focus on writing an essay. If only she knew how impossible that is if you have a boy with magic fingers near you.

It's been a few days since Halloween, I've seen Nick a few times mostly for lunch and sometimes he goes out of his to walk with me for less than 5 minutes and ask how I am.

I'm doing semi well in classes, I'm lowkey on my way towards failing a few but it hasn't been that long since school started so it can't be that bad. I think.

I study for the rest of the day and just as the sun is setting Brenn comes back. She throws her bag down and plops to the floor.

"I quit," She exclaims, staring at the celling.

"Quit what?" I ask.

"Just in general I quit," She sighs. Brenn pauses and then opens her mouth to elaborate but there's a knock on the door.

Brenn shows no signs of moving so I get up and answer the door.

Nick is wearing a black t shirt, jeans and his stupid snapback that I plan to steal at some point. The one Taylor Swift song rings in my head.

He's so tall and handsome as hell, he's so bad but he does it so well.

"Hey, hot stuff," He winks at me.

And when we've had our very last kiss, my last request is, say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe.

"Hi," I beam up at him and he kisses my forehead and then peeks into the room.

"What's good, Brenn?" He says jokingly and clicks his tongue.

"Nothing, take your girlfriend and get outta here," I can't tell if she's kidding but there's an irritation in her voice.

"Just give me a sec I need to change," I tell him.

"The fuck?" He raises his playfully. "Don't, you're perfect. Nice, shirt, babe."

"You only like it because it's yours," I say.

"I'd like it better on my floor," His voice drops low and my heart almost beats out of my chest.

"Lucky shirt," I retort, trying to keep my composure.

Nick puts his hand against the doorjamb and leans into me.

"I guess I could fuck you on my floor but I'd rather do on the bed, your choice though."

Holy shit, holy shit. Taylor Swift songs are completely out of my mind, way too innocent for how I'm feeling right now.

"Bye, Brenn!" I slip my keds on and barely wait for her to say goodbye back before shutting the door. I'm inches from Nick and the fabric on my skin feels like a goddamn prison.

Nick smirks at me and grabs my hand.

We walk across campus to the frat house. I start worrying if maybe my first time with Nick shouldn't be in a house full of boys but it was more likely someone in the dorm would hear us. Thin walls.

Nick shared a room with James and I wasn't too keen on having sex with a room that smelled like doritos.

"Who's at the house right now?" I ask him, playing with the hem of my shirt. His shirt.