Chapter Eight

I wake up in Nick's arms. On his chest. Legs tangled.

If we were puzzle pieces, we'd fit perfectly.

The only way to describe how he smells is home. Familiar, makes me feel safe, a calm settle rushes through my body.

I blink my eyes awake and look up at him. His eyes are closed and his chest rises and falls as he breathes. I can hear his heartbeat.

I close my eyes again, wanting to fall back asleep. I don't want to leave my home.

Nick shifts slightly, pulling me closer to him. I lay on top of him, his arms around me and my head in the crook of his neck. I softly kiss his skin.

"Good morning," His voice is raspy, laced with sleepiness. I smile.

"I probably have to go soon," I whisper, moving up to kiss his jawline.

"No, don't go," Nick's hand reach up my (his) shirt and starts tracing his fingers gently down my spine.

"I have class," I giggle, kissing his cheek.

"Fuck class," He kisses me, soft.

"But I have to too," I say, trying to convince to move.

"Okay, I'll let you go to class if I can walk you," He says.

"I still have to go back to my dorm and change and get my backpack," I say, moving my hand through his mess of brown hair.

"Then I'll walk you over there."

"Nicholas."

"Andy Jane."

I give him one last kiss before I roll off of him and slide off the bed. I stretch.

"You've got a really nice ass," Nick says.

I laugh.

"Thanks."

"I changed my mind no walking you to class, class cancelled, get back into bed with me."

I face him, rolling my eyes. He sits up and pulls me by the waist back into the bed, rolling on top of me. I can't move but I don't want too.

He's looking down at me and his face is serious.

"I love you," He whispers, his fingers lightly brushing my lips.

"What?" My voice is quiet. I think I'm shocked.

"What?" He says back to me, not worried, playfully. He knows I love him back.

"I love you, too."

"I love you," He says it again and then kisses me and I lose time.

..................................

The next day I actually go to class. I'm mad that I let myself skip another day, lost in Nick.

When I get back to my dorm room, Brenn is on her bed doing homework.

"Hey," I say.

"Hi," She bites back. It's hostile.

"Uh," I'm not sure how to respond. Maybe she's just stressed. I decide to ignore her and get to work on my own homework. Pretty soon I'm distracted though so I pick up the phone and call Nick. He picks up after two rings.

"Hello, babe," He sings.

"Hey! I'm bored," I state. Brenn sighs loudly. "Wanna do something?"

"Yes!" He practically shouts. I think he's high. "Want to come over and eat mac and cheese with me?"

"Tempting but I think we should do something like go out," I say.

"No, babe, Andy, mac and cheese is here," He sounds whiny.

"I guess I can come over," I really want to see him so I don't care what we do but I feel we're always high or drunk or at a party. The last couple nights with him have been amazing but....I feel like I don't know and that there should be a "but" in there somewhere. Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

"Yes!" Nick says. "See you soon. I love you so much."

"Love you too," I hang up.

"Love huh?" Brenn snaps.

"Yikes, what's with you tonight?" I stand up, slipping my shoes on and grabbing one of nick's hoodies to throw over my t-shirt and jeans.

"Nothing, go have fun with Nick," She rolls her eyes and puts her headphones in.

Okay, whatever she just must be cranky. I walk over to the frat house and let myself in. There's not really a party but the frat boys are being rowdy and there's a few girls over. 

"My girlfriend!" Nick jumps at me and lifts me off my feet in a hug. "I missed you."

"It's been like 8 hours since I last saw you," He sets me back on my feet.

"I can still miss you," He's slurring and then he sloppily kisses my nose.

"So whipped!" Tyler shouts as he appourchs us.

"What's even whipped, bro? Who cares? I'm whipped, whip me up, whipped cream!" Nick throws up both his hands in the peace sign. Jesus, he's faded as hell.

"Andy!" Tyler says my name grabbing my shoulder. "He's whipped because of you."

"Thanks I know," I laugh at Nick chuckling at the interaction.

"She looks like a plum," Nick bites his bottom lip, smiling widely.

Tyler releases my shoulder and Daphne joins our little standing around circle. Tyler puts his arm around her.

"Why am I a plum?" I ask Nick and he just giggles manically. It's the cutest fucking thing.

"It's the hickeys," Daphne points to my neck.

I forget about those, I had my hair down earlier to cover them but I had pulled it into a bun to study.

"Nice work, man," Tyler says to Nick.

He smiles so big his eyes crinkle. He puts his arms around my waist and lifts my onto my tip toes so he can hug me from behind. He kisses my cheek but it's sloppy and closer to my ear. I giggle.

"Thanks, she's mine and everyone knows now," He laughs.

"You two are seriously so fucking cute I think I'm going to vomit," Daphne smiles and wipes a fake tear from her cheek.

"Thanks," I'm still laughing because Nick is trying to kiss me on the mouth but he's missing.

"Oh my god, Andy!" Nick suddenly spins me around and looks at me seriously. "Please eat mac and cheese with me."

"I will," I say and he literally bounces like an excited puppy. "I think I want to be on the same level you're at for that though."

"Yes!" He bounces again. "Jason, get the weed!"

The rest of the night goes like this: We get high, we eat mac and cheese and we fuck on his bed.

The next week goes like this: Vanishing from the world in this house full of boys and smoke and clean sheets and skin on skin and pills on my tongue and his lip between my teeth and tangerines and the color blue and blurriness, everything gets fucking blurry and the only thing that's truly clear is Nicholas.

I have given time away, I didn't just let it slip from me I fucking threw it away, I don't want time, I don't want class and I don't to breathe unless Nick is there kissing me, pulling my hair, breathing smoke and moans into my mouth.

I don't belong to time. I belong to him.

And I hope to god he never lets me go.