Chapter 16

A/N: ~Hey, I'm back! So this update is really late and I apologise. I have had chance to update (when I haven't had homework) but then writer's block decided to pay me a visit and ruin my chances of updating. It was one of those things where you know exactly what you want to put but when it comes to actually typing it up, your brain suddenly doesn't know how to put all the ideas inside your head into words. So I might start writing a few chapters in advance for when that happens (let's see how long this lasts again). 

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji or any of the canon characters, just my Original Characters.

This is still in Charlotte's point of view.

"I would just ignore Sebastian, he act like he disapproves of everything but he's just too proud to accept his own faults." I whispered, giggling slightly. Snake seemed slightly uncomfortable and kept glancing over a Sebastian, a worried look on his face as he straightened back up. Sebastian quickly gave Snake some instructions, whilst I hurried off to catch up with Ciel and Lizzy who were stood with some people who I didn't recognise that well, but judging by their appearance were relatives of Lizzy. I could already imagine the disapproval, this sort of situation had happened before with a girl I had met, her parents couldn't have made it less clear that they didn't want me around their daughter. As I reach the group, I take a deep breath, expecting some sort of comment, but it never came. Instead I am hugged by Lizzy "There you are! I was just telling Mother all about you." I gently push her hands away to free myself and face her family, two of them are what I believe to be her parents and the last of the three, I assume is her older brother. I bow my head slightly towards them "My name is Charlotte Michaelis, daughter of Constance Sheills. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance" I say, trying to be as polite as possible. The man I assume to be Lizzy's father speaks "I am Alexis Leon Midford and this is my wife Frances and son Edward." I instantly recognise her father to be 'Marquis Midford' head of the Order of The British Empire, I curtsey in response. Lizzy's mother looks me up and down, analysing me but still says nothing. I sense a presence behind me so I turn to look and end up having to resist the urge to laugh. Sebastian is stood there with his hair combed back, which in my opinion looks absolutely ridiculous, he sends me a warning glance and turn back around.

Time Skip to the carriage home. (I really can't be bothered to write about the ball, despite all the other chapters leading up to it. Also I honestly don't  want to have to put Charlotte through it. Basically Charlotte hates socialising and that is what she had to do all night, so now she is exhausted and wants to go back to the Manor. Which is basically me in most social situations, but aren't we all like that? ^_^)

"That was absolute torture! Remind me why I accepted to go again." I whine as the carriage sets off back to the manor. Ciel simply ignores me, I sigh. I was exhausted, a lot of people had an opinion on my dress and were not afraid to share it, which almost resulted in a fight between the person who had made the comment and a woman who was fighting for the exact same thing I was: equal rights. "Thank God Sebastian was there earlier, that woman wouldn't have stood a chance." Again there was no reply, I look at Ciel confused at why he was ignoring me. The feeling of confusion turned into feelings of disbelief, he had actually fallen asleep. I shake my head, an idea suddenly appearing in my head and move over so that I was sat next to him. Gently, I move his head so that it rests against my shoulder, it looked uncomfortable to sleep against the window and it would be more comfortable like this. Shutting my eyes, I rest my head on top of his and let sleep overcome me.

A/N- Finally a Charlotte and Ciel moment. So this concludes the end of this arc, next chapter will be the start of the Ship Voyage Arc. Sorry if the meeting with Lizzy's family was a little rushed and that they were out of character, they are actually really difficult to write especially Marquis Midford as we don't really see him as much as the other two in the manga. 

As I am now in Year 11, I will not be able to update as frequently as I would like to, but don't worry like I said I have no intentions of giving up on this story, so I will find time (like I did today) to update. In November I probably won't be able to update though as I have mocks for every subject in that month and Mockingjay Part 2 comes out, which I am really excited for, but I will try. 

Finally has anyone read the latest chapter of Kuroshituji (107)? If you have that scene with Lizzy (Ciel and Sullivan) is literally why I love her so much, If it wasn't for Sebastian, Ciel probably would have been a goner. 

~Blaze