Chapter 20

A/N - Hi! This is the fourth part of the Campania Arc.

I do not own Kuroshitsuji, just my original characters.

"I really should have worked on my powers." I stated as we had difficulties keeping up with Ryan Stoker, the man behind all of this. "He sure runs fast." Ciel said in reply. We neared the corner and I quietly checked if the coast was clear to move forward. "Whoa!" Ciel shouted, turning around to point his gun at whoever was behind him. "Lizzy?" My voice came out as shocked whisper. Lizzy pouted at Ciel and told him that she had followed us and then tried to give him some cake until Ciel quietened her. "It's dangerous here go back to Aunt Frances! Charlotte, let's go!" Ciel added, grabbing my wrist and pulling us away from a very confused and jealous-looking Lizzy. 

"Looks like we've made it to the bottom storage, he's may be hiding." I clutched one of the knives I had received from Sebastian earlier. As I explored, I bumped into someone and Ciel quickly shone his light over. "Snake? What are you doing down here, I thought you were upstairs." I gestured for Ciel to move his light as Snake told us that he wanted to share the food with his snakes. A familiar voice replied to Snake from behind us. Lizzy!? "Ciel told you to go back up, this could be dangerous!" I said, annoyed. "But I wanted you to eat the cake, Ciel. I even got the biggest piece for you with all the strawberries, see...huh?" She stared down at the plate a confused look on her face. Ciel pulled Lizzy to safety as another one of the revived corpses appeared. Snake, looking horrified, pointed to something behind us, there seemed to be hundreds of coffins. Just what was Ryan Stoker trying to do. I gasped in horror as the doors began opening. "Run!" I screamed.

"Seems like they can't climb up here." Ciel said, as we sat on top of one of the many storage boxes. It was strange, they couldn't see, smell or hear us, yet they knew exactly where we were. The boxes lurched, throwing me over the edge. "Charlotte!" Lizzy screamed as I fell. Fortunately I landed in a space where there were hardly any corpses as they were currently trying to get to the others, not paying attention to me. I waved over to them, letting them no I was ok. I reached for the knives, I wasn't quite at Sebastian's level when it came to throwing knives but it should be enough to get rid of a few of them. I threw the first lot of knives and I was relieved that they manage to hit the targets. Just as I was about to throw the next lot, more of the corpses fell, knives stuck in the back of their heads. "Sebastian! Don't just stand there clean them up!" Ciel yelled, clutching Lizzy to his chest to stop her from seeing the events about to happen. "As you wish."

"Sebastian, I think you may have gone a bit too far..." I sighed, as I looked around the now blood-covered room, "I mean even your master looks shocked." I added, gesturing to Ciel who was currently breathing quite heavily. Ignoring me Sebastian held a hand out to Ciel to help him down, "Don't touch me with those hands. They're filthy!" Ciel stated, climbing down. Sebastian replied to him and hastily swapped his gloves for a cleaner pair. "Why are there so many on this ship?" Instead of replying to Ciel, Sebastian threw another set of knives and pointed in the direction of the storage box they had hit. "Perhaps it would be good if you asked him that question." I glared at the figure who was revealed to be Ryan Stoker.

I sighed in annoyance "So what you are saying is that there are two freight storages, and in the other one there are ten times the number of samples that were in here. What on earth were you thinking? Did it not come to mind that if released they have the potential to slaughter the entire ship, including you?!" Shaking my head, I looked towards the others. Ciel was telling Sebastian to leave us and go and make sure his aunt and the other were safe. "Don't worry Sebastian, I'll protect them with my life and Ciel has a gun so we should be alright. Besides we would only get in your way and annoy you." I said, standing in front of them to emphasise my point. "Come back as soon as you're sure they are safe." Ciel added. Sebastian bowed to Ciel and rushed off.