Chapter 21

A/N - Hi! This is the final part of the Campania Arc. 

Sorry that I didn't publish this before Christmas or New Year, I didn't realise how busy I would be and I got Life is Strange for Christmas (^_^) which I was really excited about. Also I hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year!

I do not own Kuroshitsuji, including the characters (apart from my original characters) and the events that occur. 

"That man!" Ciel exclaimed, as we hurried down the the first class hallway, "He's the Viscount of Druitt." He then added, as we came to a stop in front of him.

"How do you know my name? Oh well, I am well-known in society as the incarnation of beauty, I guess you should know me." The Viscount replied, brushing his hand through his hair. I cringed at the way he was practically sparkling with arrogance.

"Though I am but a mere butler, please allow me to ask, why is someone like you in such place whilst there are living corpses prowling around?" 

The Viscount smirked and his entire demeanour changed "There is something I want to protect even if it means risking my life on this sinking ship. Also those corpses are just like puppets to me...oops, I seem to have said too much, excuse me..." Eyeing him suspiciously, I watched as he turned his back to us and began walking off.

An idea suddenly came to me and I motioned for Ciel and Sebastian to listen, hoping they would catch on, "The complete flame in our chests!"

Halting in his tracks, the Viscount turned to look at us in shock as he began speaking "Shall not be extinguished by anyone. We are..."

"The Phoenix!!"

"So you were comrades then, I do remember seeing your faces." 

"That device! Could it be something to stop the corpses?" Ciel asked, in response to the Viscount.

"Where did you get that information?" He studied the three of us, his gaze almost threatening. Again he turned his back to us and began to walk away from us "If you want to know, follow me. I will show you too...The coming of a new Aurora, all thanks to medicine." He motioned for us to follow him as he gestured for a group of people to carry the device. I recognised one of them.

"Undertaker!! What are you doing here?"

"Whilst I was escaping I was asked to help carry this." He chuckled.

Sensing something was quite strange about him, instead of replying I looked over to Sebastian and gestured towards the group setting the device down carefully, silently telling him to be cautious of Undertaker. 

"AH! Found you! Why did you take the device?" 

"I was waiting for you, Ryan. Tonight in front of your very eyes, the empire you built will collapse and a new realm will be born. All with the power of this device!" The Viscount gestured to the device and then began to dance around the room. I shot Sebastian another look only to see he looked just as dumbfounded as I probably looked right now. Did this man really not understand the horrible reality these 'resurrections' would be if they were to carry on or were the realities his goal? "...It will be called...The Aurora Empire!" 

"Sounds a little complex." I looked up, realising Grell and Ronald were here.

"I'll paint him red, right away! He'd look a lot better!" For once I had to agree with Grell, as harsh as it sounds I truly detested the Viscount after hearing about his role in the selling of women at underground auctions and his fascination with black magic combined. Looks were certainly deceiving.

Just as Grell was about to attack, the Viscount tipped his wine glass above the device, the liquid gathering dangerously close to the edge. Ciel looked like he wanted to kill him and glared at Sebastian who had obviously told him to wait. I sensed movement but no life. The corpses. The shattering of glass rang out around us as many corpses - too many corpses - burst through them and lunged towards us.