Chapter three: first dates

I went through everything in my closet, but I couldn't find anything. I hated every shirt I put on. This is why I hated dates. I should have bought a new shirt for this. I groaned as I quickly texted Brad begging him to bring me over something of his. I emphasized that he brings shirts from when he was much smaller. Brad and I were the same height, but when it came down to width, Brad was more broad shouldered. All those stupid protein shakes he drank had caused him to blow up into a fucking Hulk. I miss the days when our wrestling matches were equal. Now every time he and I wrestled, Brad won. But I will say I was quicker than him though.

"And where are you going this evening?" my mom's voice echoed from behind me.

"Um you know just out," I shrugged casually. I didn't want her knowing I was going out on a date. She always wants to know everything about the guy. What's his name? How old is he? Is he nice? What does he look like? I didn't want to have to go through all of that. I was too busy trying to figure out what I was going to wear.

Of course, my mother picked some more. "With Brad?"

"No," I replied. "Just with this guy I met last weekend."

My mother laughed, sitting down on top of my bed. "Oh a guy? A new guy? Tell me more. Is this a date?"

Thankfully, Brad walked in with one shirt in his hand. I had told him to give me options, and he comes over with one freaking shirt. At this rate, I wasn't going on this date. I had nothing to wear. I needed something that would make Sam want to tear all of my clothes off, in the good way. My inner fashion guru was upset.

"That's it, Brad," I huffed glancing at the button down shirt. "I told you options."

"This is the only option I have," Brad retorted placing the shirt against me. "So either you wear this or another one of your shit – I mean crappy shirts. Hi, Mrs. Kelly. How are you?"

"Hi Brad, I'm great," my mother replied sifting through all of the clothes on my bed, pulling a shirt out. "Well I'll leave you to get ready for your date. This shirt looks very nice on you, Nicholas. It brings out your eyes. Also please be safe. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to."

"Mom," I quickly interrupted. "It's just a hang out."

"Be home before 1," she replied, closing my bedroom door behind me. Brad crashed onto my bed, laughing his ass off. He thought my mom's little tidbits of advice were hilarious.

"So what are you two kids up to this evening?" Brad smirked resting his hands on his chest. "What's the plan?"

I shrugged. "He wants me to show him the hotspots around town since he's new and all."

"The hotspots? Oh," Brad teased smacking my ass. "I know a few of those. You should take him to the cliff."

The cliff. That was a laugh. The cliff was a spot where people from our high school, park there car at, and get freaky to keep it PG. It shouldn't even be called the cliff anymore. It should be called Mt. Troy considering all of the action he has gotten there. That fucker. I caught him cheating on me there when were dating. A friend of Brad's told him that he often saw Troy there getting it on with one of the closeted guys on the swim team. Brad and I checked it out and sure enough, Troy was getting ploughed by some guy in the back of a minivan.

"It's too early for that," I joked. "Only fuckboys want sex on the first date."

"Better grab a condom then," Brad winked as my phone vibrated beside him. Just as I rushed to grab it, Brad snatched it from off of the bed, his eyes flickering across my messages.

"Brad," I warned. "Hand it over. This is your first official warning."

"My first warning," Brad mocked. "I'm shaking, Nick. I'm so scared."