chapter eight: a wet hot american spring break

"Can I ask you something?" Sam said out of the blue at Tad's diner. I glanced up from my burger nodding.

"That party are your house when Brad was punching the living daylights out of Troy he said something about Troy having sex with you while you were passed out," Sam began. "I guess I was just wondering if there was any truth to that?"

Well that was one way to casually slip that into conversation. I didn't even know how to answer that.

"Yeah," I finally said after a minute or two. Sam nodded.

"I'm sorry to just spring that on you like that, but it's just been something I've been thinking about for the last few days," Sam replied. "I get why you didn't want to tell me. If I had known, I probably would have joined Brad and beat that turd too. He'd have two black eyes."

I laughed, sipping on my soda. "I can only imagine. I'm over it though. I'm over him too. He's an ass. I don't know why I dated him in the first place."

Sam nodded in agreement. "So what are you doing over Spring break? I was thinking maybe you and I could hang out."

"I can't," I began. "I'm going on vacation with my family. Brad's family and my family are going up to their beach house."

"Beach house?" Sam raised an eyebrow. "That sounds fun. So you'll be gone the entire week?"

Brad's mom and my mom have been doing this beach house trip since we were in middle school. It was practically tradition now. Brad's sister, Jenny would be coming from college. It would be her first time home since Christmas. I think Brad's older brother, Lucas wouldn't be coming from college. Lucas's spring break lied on a completely different week. Brad's mom and mine had been discussing the trip for weeks now.

"Pretty much," I replied as Sam ran his fingers through his blonde hair. "But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more," Sam replied leaning back in his chair a bit. "I guess that means you'll have to spend more time with me before then."

"Oh do I now?" I retorted. "How much time are we talking? I think I can squeeze you in somewhere. I just might have some time in my schedule."

Sam let out a deep laugh. He was serious about it too. Sam and I spent a lot of time together before my big trip to the beach house with Brad. I was hoping the more time I spent with Sam, the less I would think about Brad. But the more I pushed him away, the more these stupid thoughts came back. I couldn't get the image of Brad and I on top of his bed out of my mind. It was plastered there. All I could see was his dirty blonde hair piled in a messy bun on top of his head, and his lips – Oh god – those perfect lips of his, latching onto mine. Don't even get me started on his moaning. His deep sexy moans that literally made me want to cream my boxers. Jeez. I was turning myself on at the thought.

The worst thing about the situation was that Brad and I shared a room in the beach house. Usually it wasn't a problem but now that Brad and I almost went all the way, it was a huge freaking problem. Hell he and I hadn't had a bro over since that day. I mean Brad wanted one a week or two ago, but I couldn't because Sam and I had a date.

Brad would be completely unavoidable now.

"Finally you're here," Brad huffed as soon as I dragged my suitcase into our room. "Took you long enough. I've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs for like an hour."

"My mom had to pick up a few things," I retorted. "We're here now though. So what's the plan?"

Brad hopped off his bed, pulling his shirt over his head. "I don't know maybe since we're in my beach house, we should go out on the beach."