Chapter seventeen: awkward family dinners

Thanks to Brad and I's horniness, I had to have dinner with my dad and his new wife. I blamed Brad completely because if he wasn't so bent on tongue fucking every inch of my body, we could have spent more time rocking my bed if you know what I mean. I told him we were under time constrictions, but of course, he got wrapped up in the moment or so he says. Because of that, I was forcing Brad to be my plan of escape. If I texted him, that meant I wanted out, and he had to call and pretend as if he was some in dire emergency so I could escape. Brad loved the idea like the weirdo he was. He had already planned a ton of made-up scenarios. So at least I could escape whenever I wanted.

When my dad picked me up that evening, it was probably the most awkward car drive of my life. Neither of us said a word to each other. We just let the classic rock hits of 104.6 drown out the silence. If this drive over was any indication of how dinner would go, I could expect it to be extremely awkward. Brad's texts weren't helping at all.

Stop texting me, Brad.

Damn Daddy. Why so cold?

Don't call me that, Bradley.

What are you gonna do about it.... Daddy

I will break your jaw.

I like it when you talk dirty to me, Nicky.

I shoved my phone into my pants pocket as soon as we pulled into the driveway of my dad's place. It was nice. Definitely nicer than the place I lived in, and I could feel a pang of jealousy as soon as I walked inside. My dad's wife greeted us at the door, kissing my dad softly on the lips, before extending a hand to me. Her name was Emilia. She was pretty, full lips, shoulder length red hair, and a bright smile. She was nice – It was hard not to like her as much I wanted to despise her. Granted, it was her who had destroyed my parent's marriage along with my dad's habits. It was clear that she had been responsible for my dad's change.

They had a daughter together. I had a half-sister. Dad had failed to mention it, but only because he claimed he didn't know exactly how to break it to me. Her name was Cara, and she was barely 1. Emilia had a daughter from her previous marriage. She went to school with me. I recognized her almost instantly –Georgina Erikson. The same Georgina Erikson who Brad had a hard-on for and who I'm not quite sure whether Brad had sex with or not. Brad hadn't been all too honest about the extent of their relationship, and I could feel the green-eyed monster starting to rear it's a head just a little, now that Brad and I were a thing.

"Nick," Georgina said her eyes flickering to mine.

"You two know each other?" My father asked glancing at me. I nodded, as I pulled a chair out at the dining room table.

"We go to school together," I explained as Emilia poured me a glass of water.

"What a small world," she exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah," I nodded sipping from my water casually. She was nice enough, but I knew she had a thing for Brad. Probably still does. I mean he was the only high school guy she had ever dated. He had to have meant something. Brad hadn't mentioned her since we started seeing each other, so I was hoping that meant she was out of the picture. She was probably a rebound anyways – a drop-dead perfectly gorgeous rebound – but a rebound no doubt. That's what I had to keep telling myself.

"So do you two have any classes together?" My dad asked curiously just trying to get conversation going I guess.

Georgina shook her head. "No. Actually we don't."

"Yeah it's a pretty big school," I agreed munching on some broccoli.

"Oh so how do you two know each other then?" he continued.