↠ fifteen

▽ Paper Doll By Bea Miller

               ↠ fifteen

It was a sunny afternoon with the birds still roaming and chirping the day while children, teens, to young adults walked the streets of Beacon Hills.

Lea entered the house of the Stilinski household, entirely prepared to dive into the blow up matress inside the guest room and sleep for the rest of evening but abruptly stopped in her steps when the living room surrounded the individuals of the pack.

She slightly shakes her head as the grip of the straps of her bag tightened. ''What's going on?''

Stiles fiddled with his fingers while bouncing in his spot. ''We're all here to help you, Lea.''

This couldn't have brought anymore confusion to the mind of the young Ramsey, but it turns out it just did.

''I knew I should've went to Mason's place'' She mutters as she shifts her weight onto her left leg.

''Lea, you don't look the same from what you first used to. It's like you're slowly slipping away and we only want to know what's wrong. We want to help'' Scott spoke softly and reassuringly.

It felt good to know she had people that are willing to help her considering everything else that's much worse to handle.

But she couldn't know how any of them could concluded to her issues.

She ran her fingers through the soft texture of her darkly coloured hair, tugging from her roots to pull the sloppy style back. ''Why do you guys want to help me? I've never accepted to be bothered with you yet somehow that's entirely backfired.''

''Because no matter what you say, we'll be here for you'' Liam chimes in. He seems to be latching closer and closer to Lea as the day's go by yet he's retracting himself.

He can't return to being incredibly close like how he was with Hayden.

She pursed her lips outward while breathing out through her nose. ''I appreciate you're concern but I-''

All necks snapped towards the door that Amber was currently walking through.

She was distracted at first when she was closing the door and returning the extra spare of keys into the bowl beside the door. But when she proceeded her way into the house she stopped beside Lea and noticed the small intervention in Stiles living room.

She points back and forth between the pack and her younger sister with a sly smirk sketching her lips as her eyebrows were furrowed. ''Wha-what is this?''

Everyone wasn't sure how to respond in all honesty. They knew the blonde could get anger easily just as the sibling.

Lea looked up at her sister and spoke softly ''They just wanted to know what was going on-''

Amber scoffs. ''It's been one day could you all just at least let her breath. I'm her sister, I am the only one who knows what's going on and I will be the only one whose gonna deal with this. None of you have to bombard her for answers-''

''Amber they didn't mean it like that-''

''Do you realize how much of this entire scene looks like a freaking intervention?'' She objects.

She looked away in defeat, unsure of how to reply to her.

''Maybe we should leave..''

× × ×

She felt a few short and forceful nudges on her arm before she heard someone yelling a harsh ''Wake Up!''

She shot up from the slanting blow matress and quickly glanced around the surroundings of her dark room before turning to the girl she thought she'd never seen again.

''Hayden?''

Amber wasn't beside her since she took in late shifts at the local cafe so it was just Lea and Stiles. Though there's a high possibility that Stiles isn't even in the house at the moment.

Her dried and cracked lips twitched into a sweet smile. ''God Lea you are such a hard sleeper. Forgot how difficult that was.''

Half of her flace had the flesh itself consuming this black stuff Lea couldn't point out what exatly it was.

Though this all surely felt unreal and explains her repetitive stuttering at the moment.

''Well? Aren't you going to ask you're best friend how she's doing?''

Her right eye twitched as she whispered ''But you're dead..''

''And?''

Lea blinked rapidly, pretty much finding this all an illusion of some sort.

''You know just because I'm dead doesn't exactly give you the right to date Liam, right?''

She furrowed her brows, her heart fluttering at the topic. ''Hayden you're dead. He can't continue to date a dead person.''

''But I technically had a thing with him first. I was the one who got to kiss him and I pretty much had him wrapped around my finger before anyone else could. Remember Lea, I was his first love and nothing could ever change that'' She lists off while chipping one of her broken and dirty nails.

Hayden was more snotty and conceded from what Lea remember. That's how she knew this wasn't real, just a bad dream.

Lea swallowed deeply before speaking. ''Why are you here? Why now?''

Hayden looks up to connect eye contact with a small smirk forming on her lips. ''Because, I want you to lose you're humanity.''

The left of Lea's lips twitch upward in confusion. ''What?''

Hayden's smirk disappeared when sher olled her eye's. ''I told him you wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about.''

''Him? Whose him- who are you talking about?'' Lea questions. She was officially dumbfounded.

''I want you to repeat after me. Liam will never be into you.''

Lea was stuck, still not sure of what the actual right thing was to do.

''Oh you don't believe it? I know you have hope but forget about hope. Hope only leads to disasters, I mean just look at me. I had hope I was going to survive the whole Dread Doctor nonsense. But now I'm dead'' She reasons with a shrug of her shoulders at the end.

''Plus him and that entire pack barely got time for you, being as Lydia locked herself up in Eichen and Theo still on the run. But they have pity Lea.''

Lea could actually feel the disappointment, feeling the dismay of it being all true.

''So lose it Lea. Let you're demeanor take over. What's left for you in this intoxicated world that we live in? You're just another nobody whose hanging on by a thread. So just let go.''

Lea clenched her jaw as her chest heaved up and down. She knew she wasn't going to give up quite just yet.

Hayden noticed and laughed in her face ever so dryly. Suddenly she forcefuly grabbed her by her jaw and pulled her foward, taking out a small portable mirror to display Lea's appearence.

''Look At You! You're Halfway There, Why Not Just Deal With It And Let Go?''

She's never taken a noticed of how sunken in her face has become, or how lifeless and dull her brown orbs appeared to be.

Hayden inched closer to her ear and spoke so softly. ''Just do everyone a favor and let go.''

Lea blinked. That one blink and everything before her disappeared.

Hayden was gone. That mirror was gone.

And so was Lea.

author's note; credits to -beaconhills for the awesome cover she made for me.