chapter i

+

         The party was in full swing. Friends and Family filled up the Horan Household. Louis and Liam had gone to the backyard to hang out with some of Louis' sisters who were more than happy to be hanging with Liam.

Nate was dancing when Shut up and Dance with me came on, Max joining him not long after.

Max had met the rest of the family when he came by to help with the preparation of the party, Harry in tow of course.

Niall had been avoiding Harry since he came by. When Harry helped hang the fairy lights, Niall went into the kitchen. When Harry came in to help with the food, Niall went to the living room to hang the streamers. When he bumped into Harry at the guest toilet, he walked away like he didn't know him.

Avoiding didn't mean he didn't notice.

Harry had cut his hair. Harry looked tired. Harry hadn't smile since he got here.

"Niall, can you help me? I left the cupcakes on the counter at the bakery" Denise pleaded with a smile before tossing her car keys to Niall.

Niall nodded. "Sure, Denise"

He was whistling when he went out the door. Only to see Harry by his motorbike, putting on his helmet and ready to leave.

That early?

Niall cursed himself mentally. Stop it Niall, you don't care.

The engine of his motorbike roared to life and he suddenly remembered the first time Harry took him on that death wish contraption.

Niall shook his head to rid himself of the memories. He needs to stop thinking about him, he had though. For a whole month. But seeing him just now, right in front of him ... It struck something inside his heart.

He was almost lightheaded. Thank god, the anger he felt for Louis overpowered the urge to faint at the sight of Harry in front of him.

Max, he could handle. But Harry?

They left on such bad terms, Harry probably hated him. God, what was he saying? He knew Harry hated him.

But he couldn't. He felt guilty and he couldn't deny he still-

Another roar of the engine snapped him out of his reverie, surprised to see green eyes staring at him two feet away.

Niall couldn't tear his gaze away, instead he stared back.

Until Harry looked away and left on his motorbike.

Niall didn't realise he was holding his breath until he let it out.

"God, what the hell just happened" He groaned, shaking his head and going to Denise's car.

Look Niall, just survive a short period of time of this until you go to college. No doubt the Styles Twins are gonna be here for the rest of the summer.

How did time move so fast?

Niall drove to the bakery in record time, his head a little dazed because of what had just happened just now.

He remembered absentmindedly just staring into Harry's green eyes that used to radiate such warmth and love. Looking into those cold emotionless eyes just now almost gave him a heart attack.