chapter xi

pssst ; listen to If I Could Fly by 1d when you're reading this.

               He was supposed to not care.

His heart wasn't supposed to leap up in excitement in his chest.

His heartbeat wasn't supposed to increase.

His eyes wasn't supposed to fill up in unshed tears just as at the sight of him through the cafe window.

But what you plan is not a guarantee thing that will happen.

Which is why Niall pushed open the door to the cafe that he had driven 45 minutes to, he had a huge grin on his face.

It caught Harry off guard obviously because he was blinking in surprise.

How could he have gotten even more beautiful, Harry thought as he tried to take in the sight in front of him.

"Hi" Niall started, still with that grin on his face.

I must look stupid right now but I don't care.

"H-Hey, Niall.. I-"

Harry stopped mid sentence when the blonde launched himself in Harry's arms, his arms wrapping itself automatically around Harry's neck.

What happened to moving on?

Harry was frozen at first but then he relaxed and wrapped his arms around Niall's waist, his face buried in Niall's hair as he closed his eyes.

Moving on can wait, Niall thought as they stayed hugging.

+

The sweet smell of Hazelnut latte were invading their nostrils when Harry came back with a tray of two cups and a small plate of scones and butter with jam.

It made Niall's mouth water to just look at the food but they were here to..

Put things behind them?

"So, where have you been?" Niall can't help but ask as Harry sat down.

Harry only shot him a small smile and Niall noticed that Harry pulled back his long hair into a bun.

The butterflies started to form inside of him when his green eyes were locked onto his and Niall tried to mentally ask them to stop.

"Everywhere, honestly." Harry said, an easy smile on his face.

Niall nodded, looking down at the coffee.

So, how many blokes and girls have you fucked? Was what he wanted to actually ask.

But that was just going too personal now was it?

"How're classes?" Harry asked back.

Niall smiled, shrugging. "Most of them are easy, I like 'em"

Have you moved on yet? Was at the tip of Harry's tongue.

Silence hung in there for a while they waited for their coffee to cool down and Harry's eyes finally registered what Niall was wearing.

He swallowed nervously as the hand that rested on his thigh clenched into a fist.

The little bastard did this on purpose didn't he? Wearing something like that to meet him? What was his motive anyway?

"I see you let your brown roots grow" Harry mumbled, trying not to state the obvious that Niall has been working out. Those biceps oh my god-

"Yeah, can't really afford hair dye with a minimum wage down at the cd store"