chapter vi

"Maxwell Styles, put me down!"

Nate was laughing though as Max spun him around while customars watched with fond smiles.

Niall tried to smile, he really did. But he felt somewhat annoyed that his brother was having so much fun this summer with no worry whatsoever about his future while he was busting tables to get extra money for college tuition.

Also it's the fact that he missed Harry doing that to him. Kissing him on the cheek, wrapping his arms around Niall's waist from behind. Whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

And that face. That face he has whenever he looks at Niall and he thinks Niall doesn't know.

He wants that again.

But he can't. Ever.

"God, I'm just wasting my time" He said to himself as he stared down at the table he was currently wiping off with a cloth.

"Oh, you finally realised that?"

Niall turned around to see Louis smiling at him softly. It wasn't a usual Louis smile, it was more like.. He was pitying him in some way. Niall was confused but he was pretty sure he didn't want to know why Louis was smiling at him like that.

Niall shrugged. "What's up Mate?"

Louis grinned, glad to hear Niall ask that as he sat himself on the table that Niall just wiped off.

"Liam and Zayn are coming back this weekend!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"That's great, mate. Bet you've got some things planned yeah?" Niall asked, trying to be happy for his best friend.

He is happy for his best friend.

Really. He is.

"Actually... Liam is back here to shoot some stuff for his movie and umm, he asked if he could shoot some scenes with you guys in it too?"

Niall had his mouth open and his eyes wide.

"Are you asking me if I wanna be in a Liam Payne movie? Hell yeah I want too!" Niall laughed as Louis hopped off the table to get his phone out.

"That's awesome! I'll ring him up and tell him you agreed, see ya Ni!" Louis waved enthusiastically as he exited and watched as Niall run over to Nate and Max for the news.

His phone rang before he could dial up Liam's number and he put the phone to his ear quickly after he answered.

"Hey babe, missed me already?" Louis chuckled although his heart rate just went up its usual speed.

"So much" Liam groaned from the phone.

"Just three more days" Louis mumbled, kicking a stray rock.

"I can't wait that loooong!" Liam groaned again into the phone.

Louis heard profanities being thrown in Liam's way from the phone and laughed.

"Disturbed people's sleep now did you?" Louis asked.

"Nah, Dougie is just being cranky because Ellie left early" Liam snorted into the phone and that earned another curse word being hurled towards him.

Louis rolled his eyes.

"When I can I tell Niall you've got McBusted to come over this weekend?" Louis asked.

"Don't tell him! Bet it'll be a great surprise on top of all the shit you told me he was dealing with"

Louis can't help the smile that appeared on his lips.