"The guy bugs me. Just look at his face." Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Photo of Jordyn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27. "The guy bugs me. Just look at his face."

Brant looks at me with a charming smirk as he winks at me. I give him polite smile, I look at Kyle who's tapping his pencil viciously.

"The guy bugs me. Just look at his face."

I laugh and curled my hair around my finger, "Kyle."

He chuckles, "What? I'm stating the truth."

"No you're not."

Out of the corner of my eye I see him staring at me as I continued to write in my notebook. "How about I'm always right, and you should listen to whatever I have to say and never disagree."

I laugh, "How about no."

I look at Kyle who was still looking at me, "So, do you know if your going to do anything for your birthday?" He asks.

I continue to write. "Uh no clue. I assume nothing."

He chuckles, "Awh I see."

I look at him. "What?"

He laughs, "Nothing at all."

I stop writing and turn my body to face him, " Oh no you don't. You remember what happened last time? It was horrible!"

He bursts into quiet laughter, almost falling out of his chair. "Who could forget that?"

"Why are you laughing! I almost started crying for Pete sake."

"I'm sorry, Jordyn. That wasn't the plan we had for you, Zoey and I didn't even know who the guy was."

"Are you kidding? You didn't know who he was?" I ask, surprised by what he had just said.

He runs his hand through his hair, "Nope, didn't know."

I continue to write down the notes on the board as Kyle just watched, "Hey, so what's up with you and Zo? Like are you a thing now or what?"

"Yeah we are."

"You two are pretty cute together."

He laughs, "No, we're not just pretty cute together, we're damn hot together."

I laugh and pat his back, "Okay whatever you say big guy."

"But we are!" He whines.

*************

Zoey runs up to me as I sit on the bleachers watch Mason talking to some of the kids.

Zo smiles, "Hey, are you going to the white out dance tonight with Kyle and me?"

"Probably not, I'll be the third wheel."

"Oh come on Jordy, it'll be fun, I promise, we won't let you be the third wheel."

I laugh, "How come I don't believe you?"