Halloween

"November 1st, 2017: 1:03AM, first log. They're waiting for us, those white-skinned things. I'm recording this in case our race survives, and if this ever happens again, you'd know what to do. Over and out."

Earlier that night

October 31st, Halloween. Definitely my favorite holiday. Today was a party at Eddie's. Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Austin Winters. I'm 15 years old. Eddie's an assh**e who happens to be my best friend

Ed's party was at 10:20 and I left home about five minutes earlier. I noticed the wacky decor around his house, which included jack-o-lanterns, fake skeletons and a complete model of a zombie.

I knocked in the door, but got no response. "OPEN THE EFFING DOOR!" I shouted while kicking the door. Still no response.

Then all of a sudden, someone pounced on me. "Suuup dawg?" the figure asked. What a surprise. It was Ed

"The hell you doing outside your house?" I asked

"To scare you, duh," he replied. "Now open the damn door, would you?" I asked him, very annoyed.

"Shit man, I left the key inside," he said convincingly. I was even more annoyed. "Nah, just messin' with ya," he said and removed a key from his pocket, unlocked the door, and finally after his dumb tricks, we were in.

We loafed around until we heard the doorbell ring. "And the first guest issssss" he emphasized as he opened the door. "Matt dressed in a... lion suit? Bro this ain't no Pre-K dress up" "Whatever," said Matt, rolling his eyes. He took a seat on the couch. "The first guest?" I asked Ed. "What the eff am I? A potato?" "You ma kawaii potato bruh." "Riiiiight" I sighed. Soon one by one guest started to pour in and Ed's home was packed with guests.

"Smooth moves, Kev," said Ed as Kevin jammed on the dance floor. The living room of Ed's house was decorated amazingly. There were jack-o-lanterns just like the ones outside and the windows were decorated with spooky ripped curtains. Decals of bats, skeletons as well as headless men decorated the purple walls. Several showpieces like skulls as well as swords were put on display; it looked like Ed had put a lot of work into decorating the party.

"Looks like someone's been practicing," said Maddison as Kevin pulled out of his head spin. "Thank you! Thank you!" said Kevin between flying kisses that radiated in every direction.

"YO AUSTIN!" said Sam, who had snuck up from behind me. "That was lame," I said with my eyes half open.

Ed walked over to the DJ's table and picked up a mic. "Okay people," he said into it. "It's time for the DARK ROOM!" he shouted. As Ed walked over to the switch to turn of the lights the door opened with a thud and a guy dressed in a zombie costume stood there with a battered shovel in hand.