Las Vegas Airport

Thanks to a blog online by Alicemary who had written it to express her   emotions. Without  its help WE wouldn't be able to complete this chapter

"Ed! Ed!" I screamed and ran towards him. Ellie yanked me backwards and Ethan grabbed me. 

"Leave me alone!"I yelled, tears forming in my eye. Ed fell down to the floor of the casino and started withering. 

Sam ran towards the door and bolted it shut before I could witness the rest of the horrific scene. 

Ethan loosened his grip and I fell down to the ground and started crying. 

Ellie sat beside me and started comforting me.

"Austin you have to fight this disease. You have to save everyone. You have to do it for Ed. Let not his sacrifice go in vain" she said.

"Why?" I mumbled in tears. "Why did I go before him? Why did he have to die? Why not me? He didn't deserve to die!" 

"No one deserves to die Austin. Except that wretched person who made this virus" she replied. 

"That's right" I said wiping my tears. "I'm gonna kill that guy. For whatever he has done to everyone. To Ed". 

"Let's go. I don't want to waste any more time now. I want to find that guy and inject him with the virus" I said and stood up.

"I'm sorry for your loss Austin" Ethan said with his head down.

"We all are very sorry that we could not save Ed" Sam said. 

"Now before you all get teary, tell me the route to the airport. I'm gonna lead the way" I said.

"Just straight through that alley" David said and pointed towards the alley diagonal to us. "Guns out everyone" I said.

"Are we just gonna abandon Ed there?" Bob asked.

"As much as I hate doing that Bob, we have to" I said with a muffled tone due to tears coming back to my eyes.

There we were walking in another alley.  Walking down another alleyway devoid of positivity, tears streaming down my cheek as I decided to lead the way. The sharp coldness damped my clothes and hair now stung me. I seemed to be choking now, the lack of oxygen from holding my breath as I attempt to stay calm is starting to make me dizzy, the fear stifling my screams as Ed's death flashed back in my head. 

The rain then poured leaving me soaked. My tears matched the rhythm of the droplets on the ground, a puddle presenting the ugly reflection of my blotchy, saddened face. Reality hit me. The guy who always had my back was no more there. He was no longer there to pull my legs. He was no more there to tease me. He was no longer there. It seemed as though a part of my soul was torn apart from me. 

Memories began flowing through my head. Every single one representing good times I had with him. The events in which he had saved my life and now the one time I should have saved his life, I couldn't. Guilt consumed me. 

"We're there" David said as he stopped in front of a fence way too high for us to climb. 

"Now how are we supposed to go through here?" Bob asked.

"Well now that is another problem" Ethan said.