Casino

"Everyone hop in!" I yelled as I sat in the driver's seat. "Ethan would you mind taking the seat beside me? I'll need the directions to the casino" I told him. "Why are you driving Aus. Let Ethan drive" Ed said.

"Fair enough" I said and switched my seat with Ethan.

"Here" he said and handed me a map of Las Vegas.

"Wait, you also don't know where we are heading?" I asked.

"Nopes, now open the map and direct me to the casino" he said with an impish smile. "Okay stop this smiling business, you're creeping me out!" I yelled

"Drive straight for a few minutes then tak-" Ed then suddenly cut me off. "Stop acting like a goddamn gps austin. You need gps? Take my phone not the gibberish speaking best friend of mine" he said.

"Fine then why don't you direct him" I said and handed him the map. "Okay so....wait, why do we have a map of the train system" he asked bewildered.

"Decipher it my friend...decipher" I said and giggled.

After about 30 minutes of driving around we found the casino. "Las Vegas casino.....This is gonna be one hell of an experience" Bob said. "Hey aus" Ed whispered "are you sure this kid is 12? Cause he sure as hell doesn't seem like a twelve year old". I had to agree with Ed, that kid had some guts.

"So how do you plan to open this huge door silently" I asked

"Old methods?" Ellie asked as she removed her hairpin. "Jesus Ellie you think they don't make their locks pin proof? Or rather, Idiot-proof?" Ed said. Ellie gave him one of her death stares. "Okay now for real, how do we open it" I asked.

"Maybe if this old man can help" a voice came from behind us.

"Jeeesus!" Ed screamed and turned around. "Whoa kiddo chill, I'm a night guard not some zombie"

"Night guard...Awesome! You got the keys?" Sam said. "Keys? What keys? It's an eye recognition lock to unlock the door. We ain't living in the 90's" he said and advanced to the door.

"Says the guy from the 60's"Sam whispered and chuckled.

The guard did the retinal scan and a green light came and then he pushed the door open.

"I'm David" he said and shook our hands and we introduced ourselves to him.

"Before entering would you mind explaining why you guys are here?"David asked.

"Okay so we need to access the backdoor to use it as a shortcut. Fine with ya?"

"Why will I complain?"He asked rhetorically. "Let's go in" Sam said and walked inside.

"OKay everyone. Make least sounds, talk only when necessary. These things are attracted to sound. The door is across the roulettes" David whispered.

"How do you know all this about zombies?" Bob asked.

"How do you think I've been surviving" he replied.

"Okay since it's dark I'd say watch out for the roulette tables...You'd not want to bang into one of them if you are trying to avoid zombies" David warned us.

With a loud bang Ed crashed into one of the roulette tables. "Oops" he said.

Groaning sounds came from every direction. We all turned out flashlights in a circle and saw a wave of zombies advancing towards us.

"Game on. Wave 1" Sam said and readied his pistol.

"Have this David" I said and handed him a knife.

"Another fight? Damn I'm gonna get fight-sickness" Ellie said.

"Fight-sickness? Are we playing some game called 'make words on the go'?" Ed said.

"You insolent litt-" "Cut it off Ellie" I stopped her.

"It's showtime. Shoot 'em down!" Jordan yelled and started firing.

I whipped out my revolver and aimed at the zombies I could see.

"Cover me Austin!"David yelled and ran towards the wall.

"What the-" I muttered completely puzzled.

I could hear the sound of a lever flick and then the whole casino lit up.

"You couldn't have switched it on earlier?"Sam asked.

"Which would probably make us visible to them so the answer is no" he replied. "Also you guys better don't expect me to go full aggressive mode. These stiff pillars of mine won't let me run like a mad cow".

"Stay behind me Bob" I said. "You hope" he replied and attacked a zombie.

"Jeez dude you've got a death wish" Sam muttered as Bob charged at a zombie. He slayed the zombie down before it could notice the small kid. "I was just talking to the zombie" Sam said as he looked at me in utter confusion.

"Okay! Game has a bug! No cooldown between waves. Run for the door!" Ethan yelled. I threw a knife at a zombie and ran towards the door.

We crossed the roulette tables and I pushed the door open.

"We're clear" Ed said as he came and stood beside me.

"Everyone move out! Go!Go!GO!" I screamed.

"Move out Austin" Ed said.

As soon as I stepped out of the casino, I heard a screaming noise from behind me.

I turned and saw a zombie biting Ed's neck.