Chapter 2

I was struck speechless. I seriously didn’t know what to say. I mean, I know I was just thinking about what I was going to say when he woke up, but now that he was actually conscious, I wasn’t really confident in myself to speak. I just stared at him like an idiot, my mouth hanging open. He brushed my arms away and sat down on the grass beside me, studying me like I was some interesting painting in a museum.

“Are you gonna answer or what? I asked you a question didn’t I?” he asked impatiently, clearly wondering if I was mentally competent. I still didn’t trust myself to speak. I was weighing the options of just sitting there like an idiot or trying to act it out like charades. Yes, I was that weird.

He still seemed to be waiting for my answer, and it looked like I would have no choice. I took a deep calming breath.

“I’m….Sunny. Sunny West,” I said. Introducing myself seemed normal enough. Maybe he wouldn’t think me a complete nutcase.

“Well, Sunny. Is there any particular reason why my head was in your lap?” he asked. I could tell he was trying very hard to be nice here, and that he wasn’t in a really good mood. I thought about my words carefully. I didn’t want to make him madder.

“Well, I was on my way home….and I saw you’re feet sticking out from under a bush, so I thought someone might be in trouble….so I stopped….and….well…..What are you doing out here anyway?” I asked, irritated. He was mad at me, and he still hadn’t told me why he was even out here.

I wasn’t prepared for his reaction. I thought it would be some stuck-up snotty smart ass remark, but he looked confused. Like, really confused. It was like trying to get a dog to do math. He seemed to have no answer, and that seemed to scare him as much as it scared me.

“I don’t know,” he said after a minute.

“Well, do you have a name?” I asked. Surely he could remember that much. But it took him a second.

“Sebastian. Sebastian Ferrick,” he whispered. I nodded. This had to be the weirdest conversation that I had ever had. I mean, it was completely dark outside on a deserted road. And I was talking to a guy that didn’t even know why he was outside under a bush. The world can be such a peculiar place.

I stood up, wiping my hands on the butt of my jeans. I know, jeans in summer. I sauntered over to my bike and pulled it up. I glanced behind me to find that Sebastian hadn’t moved an inch.

“You comin’ or what?” I asked, tapping my foot in anticipation. It was really getting dark now, and I was getting more nervous by the second.

“The hell I would,” he sneered. “Why would I go off with some lunatic like you?” he asked. I felt my face scrunch up into a fierce ugly scowl. Yep, typical asshole alright.

“Whatever,” I said, turning away from him. I wasn’t going to just stand there and let him insult me. I swung a leg over the seat of the bike and stood there. I couldn’t just leave him there like that.

“Police station is about two miles from here,” I said pointing the way I had just come. He just stared at me, his eyes narrowing. And slowly, he lifted his hand as if to wave as I started moving away, but instead he flipped me off. I gasped in surprise, my scowl coming back. I started muttering a string of profanities. At the moment I didn’t care that it was dark. I didn’t notice the street lamps that were stationed at regular intervals, and I completely missed the yellow paint that was dripping from my tires and leaving a trail of where I had been and where I was going.

________________________________________________________________________

Of all the nerve, I thought as I parked my bike against the side of my house. That’s what I got for helping hot strangers on the side of the road. I tried to keep my annoyance to a minimal as I walked in the front door. Brandon was probably asleep. Brandon was four, so I’m pretty sure he’d be asleep at 10:45 at night. I couldn’t believe I had really stayed out that late.

Of course my mom was in full panic mode.

“God, Sunny! What took you so long? Do you have any idea what time it is?!” she stage-whispered. I ducked my head.

“Yes, I understand what time it is. I just got caught up in a little….something,” I said, then regretted. That was definitely not the right thing to say. And here comes a hundred questions.

“Yeah, whatever. Just go park your bike in the garage and head up to bed,” she said, giving me a push towards the door. She actually surprised me. On any other day, I woud’ve been bombarded with questions.

I grumbled to myself as I got my bike and pushed it to the garage. I was still pissed off with Sebastian, even though I would probably never see him again. But what I didn’t know, was that I was going to see him far sooner than I had ever thought

___________________________________________________________________________________

k, that was chapter 2. and that pic is sebastian...he's so cute!