Chapter 7

Author's note;

This is unedited, if ya can't tell. If you haven't noticed, i am not good at writing accents. So i just wrote Merida in my usually way. I'm sure you all know what her accent sounds like so i'm leaving this up to your imagination. I'm sorry if this sounds thrown together. I've been having writers block for weeks. And i just know had the inspiration and time to write it, so if this sounds thrown together, I'm sorry. Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think about this. Will update when i can

Hiccup's POV;

"I'm alright," Merida sniffed as she pulled out of my arms to looked down at the cuddling twins in her lap.

It's weird though. I never met someone so passionate about Dragons like she is. She took on the responsibility of raise two newly born dragons just because I said that she trusted her. Which she did. She must have been raised around dragons to have so much love for them. It's astonishing, really.

"Merida?" I spoke softly, letting her have time for her new "children". Her blue eyes met might, tears brimming the edges but she smiled.

"Hum?" she hummed.

"How long have you been around dragons?" I asked as the question has been bothering me. For some reason, I want to learn more about her.

She let out a laugh, which surprised me. "Actually, I didn't even know that dragons still existed until yesterday."

My mouth dropped. "You can't be serious? You seem so calm around them as if you knew exactly what to do to comfort them."

She smiled slyly as she petted the babies heads. "Well, I did receive three brothers when I was almost ten. I guess taking care of kids just comes naturally. I'm mean, they act like my brothers did when they were two. All except eating raw fish, I mean," she laughed again. I smiled. This girl was something else.

"So your Village has never seen a dragon before?" I asked. She shook her head,'no'.

"Nah, It's all just legend, though some have stated that they have seen sightings and that they are why are fish count is so low, but nothing else." She scoffed as she looked down at her legs to see two sets of wide eyes staring back at her. "But things are going to change, aren't they?"

"You going to tell your Village's Leaders?" I asked.

"Our King and Queen actually," she corrected.

"How do you plan on getting to them to ask?" It's not likely that a commoner such as herself can get in for a Royal session. Unless they're Kingdom is like my Village. Anyone can come to me to ask about an issue, but for her to get a chance, seems rather unlikely.

"I'll think of something. I'm kind of close to the Royal family," she gave me a wink. What does she mean by that? Is she friends with they're children or with the King and Queen themselves? "So, Hic?" Her voice brought me back as I looked at her smooth face. Wisps of curly red hair flew over her face and eyes as she looked back at me. "What is your Home like?"

"Berk?" I nearly gasped, clearing my throat from the squeak. She nodded excitedly. I couldn't help but smile. "Its cold, and the people are stubborn," I laughed honestly. "Though we are Vikings, so I don't expect anything different. But there are hundreds of Dragons coming and going there. All sorts. I think you might like it there," the last part slipped out. Shooting my eyes up to hers, she just smiled.

"It sounds like a place I would like to see someday," Her blue eyes sparkled, shimmering the sun's light in them.

After a while of silence, Merida stood up, pushing her curly hair back and out of her face. "Well, we should probably start digging. For they're Mother's funeral, I mean."