Chapter 32

Author's note;

I'm sorry that this is a short chapter but we're getting close to the end and I wanted to add this little tidbit in before the last chapter. Thank you for reading. I'm sorry if this sounded rushed. I had a sudden spark of interest.

Unedited.

Ta ta for now lovelies

Hiccup's POV;

Waking up the next morning, the first thing that came to mind wasn't going home, but of a special redhead. After a night like last night, how could I stop thinking about her?  The many shades of red her cheeks turn after trying to hide her embarrassed expressions. The way she cuddles with her dragons as if they were her own children. The curvature of her full lips when she smiles.

Every part of her makes me feel so nervous yet exhilarated. The touch of her fingers intertwined with mine. Her soft lips pressed against mine. She's brave, reckless, motherly, daring and passionate. Just being near her gives me such a mixed sensation. I want to hold her, yet she makes me so damn nervous that I can't think straight. I want to protect her, to shield her from evil, but more times then not, she's saved me.

She's such a complicated creature. A woman that doesn't need anyone, but has chosen me to stand beside her. An honor that I don't know if I can achieve but I'm willing to give it a try.

Getting up, replacing my prosthetic on my calf. I needed to get dressed. Though I'm feeling better, I still want to spend what time I have here with Merida. I want to see her with her family. Seeing her happy after everything that has happened. I want nothing more than to see that blissful look of freedom that she possessed before Drago entered onto her Lands.

Changing out of my sleepwear, carefully slipping on my trousers and a couple of shirts, I didn't put on my whole leather armor. Simply wearing a tan long sleeve shirt and brown short sleeve over shirt. Just enough to take away the morning's chill.

Leaving my room, walking passed Merida's, I resisted the urge in knocking. Fearing that she was still recovering and was still asleep. I decided to press on downstairs to see my Mother and to see how everyone else was doing after the war.

Making my way towards the dining hall, I was starting to feel like this was just another home. Finding my way around this massive castle became easier with each visit. Given, I still got lost from time to time, but everyone was friendly enough to help me find my way. 

getting lost in thought, I could hear a small commotion coming from the dining hall. Multiple voices sounded joyful and vibrant during this morning hour, I poked my head around the cracked door.

"Hiccup!" Harris sang happily as he saw me. Catching everyone else glances, casually entering the room. 

"Well well, our hero has arrived," Hubert stated sarcastically.

"I wasn't the only one fighting during that war. I think you had a hand in that too, Hubert," I commented with an assertive nod. He smiled. "I'm glad to see that you are all alright."

"Same to you, my Boy," King Fergus smiled, approaching me, placing a heavy, supportive hand on my shoulder. "I'm just thankful that you arrived in our kingdom when you did. It's given us a chance to reclaim our home," he stated confidently.

"I'm honored that I could be of some help," I smiled pleasantly. looking over everyone in the room. Merida's parents, Brothers, my mother and a handful of Vikings and Sottish soldiers filled the room. Feeling the light aura fill the room, everyone seemed to feel at peace.

"Well, are you all going to eat or what?" A familiar voice spoke suddenly, seeing a certain angelic redhead emerge from the kitchen, holding a tray of pastries. Our eyes locked.