Bonus Chapter 36 The Wedding

Unedited;

Thank you all for your support. And thank you so much for making this story #1 in the #mericup hashtag. I could not do this without you.

With love! And Read On!

Three years had passed since the day the two clans united after Drago's reign had come to an end.
The DunBroch Kingdom and The Island of Berk's Clan had agreed to an alliance. Both Clans are now available to trade good, armies and dragons with each other when it's suited. Each welcomed with open arms as if they are all from the same family.

Though they treated each Clan as a family, this was the day that would bind the Clans together; as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, Chief of Berk and the Hooligan Clan, and Merida Olivia DunBroch, Princess of the DunBroch Kingdom, join together in Holy Matrimony.

The Planning for this most anticipated occasion has been in the works for months. The Queen and Chief's Mother had been in a frenzy organizing the whole event with their Clans.
After much strategic planning, the day has finally arrived.

On an Island between the two nations, the wedding was underway.

Decorating the island with lanterns and native blossoms. Both Clans had a hand in making this the most extravagant arrangement for the loving Couple.

Preparing a banquette, arranging rows and rows of seating for both parties, gathering talent for the music. Each passing moment the event grew larger as guests arrive of ships and Dragons to witness the arrangement.

While the planning went underway, the Groom and Bride were beginning their preparations.

In two tents opposite each other on the island, the Bridal Party was getting ready for their big moment.

Merida, who was being pampered, actually graciously let Maudy and other handmaidens help her get ready.

Brushing and styling her hair. Adorning it with small white wildflowers as it flowed delicately over her right shoulder in thick braids and smooth, ringlet curls.

Lips colored with a soft pink stain, as she wore the most minimal amount of makeup, focusing on her natural beauty.
Her dress was a square neckline with a corset-like lacing around her waist. Fabric colored white with her Clan's colors of green and blue draped elegantly around her hips, down to the floor. A red, green and black tartan sash draped over her left shoulder, tied down to her hip on the right side. The colors representing The Hooligan Clan's colors.

Her Mother, once pleased with the finishing touches, allowed Merida to give her a little spin to show off her dress. Complying, she gave her mother a small twirl, allowing her dress to billow slightly around her.
As Elinor watch her daughter flaunt her attire happily, she could feel herself stifle a tear from falling.

After so long of seeing her daughter regretting the mere idea of marriage. She had finally found the one person who was able to hold her heart. The one person whom she felt that she could share a life with.
She was more than thrilled to see her daughter happy. But not because she had found herself a man, for she has made her own happiness in this world.
No, she was happy to see her only daughter taking a new step in her own life, by her own wishes in her own time.

For she had love in her family and in her Kingdom, she now had another. Love with someone who could hold her heart and share her dreams. With someone who shared her love of adventure and thrill. Who could have been a better fit than a Viking and Clan leader of dragon riders.

Music began to play. The hum of an elegant harp hushed the chattering crowd as the guests began to settle.
Hiccup stood before the crowd of Clansman from each nation. Scottish and Vikings alike brought a thrill to the day for the young Chief.
Waiting for his bride to arrive to join him on this joyous ceremony.