Chapter 30

This is Unedited

The picture is what similarly in how the battlefield looks like. Just imagine a forest in the distance of the cliff and that tower not being there.

Enjoy

Merida's POV;

Seeing the fight commence, I couldn't just stay back and watch anymore. Astrid may be able to watch, but this was my fight too.

My bleeding has slowed, I can pull back my bow with little effort. I can even stand on my own. Seeing the rage and fear that Hiccup was showing only meant that this could possibly go very wrong for him. He could get himself killed.

Just then, I noticed several dragons fly over us, I took that as a sign. Seeing some flying low enough, I needed to go now or never. Throwing my bow over my shoulder, Tightening my quiver, I sprinted passed Astrid. 

"Wait, Merida!" I heard her gasp, slipping out of her reach and kept running. Taking a leap of faith, I grab onto the dragons leg. As if it suspected my actions, it threw me over on to its back. Giving it a generous pat on its head, it flew over the fight. Nows my chance!

Carefully, I stood on its back as it steadied itself for me. Looking down, seeing my intended target. Hiccup was thrown back by a passing dragon and I watched as Drago took that as an opportunity. Without hesitation, I jumped

"Enough!" I screamed, looking passed my billowing dress, Just in time to see a startled Drago. Landing square on his shoulders, wrapping my legs around this thick neck, gripping his head with my thighs. Using my weight, I swung my body hard towards my left, throwing him off balance. 

Not realizing, there was no ground to catch us. Only the sheer drop of the white hall cliff and ocean fell beneath us.

Releasing his head, He and I screamed in unison as we fell. Panic filled me at the edge was just out of my reach, missing it as I continued to descend. 

I need to think fast. The ocean below was no safe have if I landed. The force of me colliding against its surface, it would shatter what body I'd have left.

Thinking steadily, noticing an ice wall that formed against the cliffs was caused by the dragon's breath. That's it!

Pulling out two arrows from my Quiver, holding them one in each hand. Leaning forward, I ascended towards the ice wall, jabbing both tips firmly into the ice.

Digging into the cold wall, Feeling the strenuous pain from my back's wound. Muscles ached from my arms as my ascendence to the ocean slowed.

After what felt like an eternity, I stopped. Not relaxing my tired, achy body, holding myself in place. My Limbs shook, though I didn't dare looks down. 

Straining, I looked up, seeing how far I actually was from the top. My heart dropped when I saw the distance. Nearly around fifty yards, that must mean that the bottom wasn't too far below. Daring a glance, I looked down. Nearly ten yards under me was an ice-like slide that let to the ocean. It looked jagged and uncertain, I held on tightly, but I wasn't sure for how much longer.

"Merida!?" I heard that all to familiar voice shout from above. looking up, I recognized a Hiccup shaped silhouette peaking over the edge of the cliff.

"I'm Alright!" I called back weakly, hearing the strain escape my lips.

"I'm coming down!" I heard him say. I tried to protest, but he already left. Not too long after, a large, black shadow jumped. Flying over, Toothless circled around, carefully ascending close to me.