Ch. 1

Mal ran into her room she shared with Evie. Carlos had just told her some amazing news and she really wanted to tell Evie. Ben already knew, along with Jay, who were currently with Carlos right now. Dude had found himself a girlfriend named Paisley and they became quite close.

"Evie! Paisley had puppies!" Mal exclaimed. Evie jumped up from her sewing machine and squealed.

"Really?!" she asked. Mal nodded and they both raced down to Carlos and Jay's room where Paisley was nursing four baby puppies. Two, a boy and a girl, were completely brown. The other two, also a boy and a girl, were brown with white around their faces.

"Jay and Ben named two. Copper and Coal. You can name the other two if you girls want." Carlos offered.

"Sophia." Mal said, petting a little brown one. Evie was petting a brown one with white spots on it.

"I like Harley." she stated. Harley and Coal were twins, both brown with white, and Sophia and Copper were twins, both fully brown. Harley and Sophia were two girls who loved to play with their brothers Coal and Copper. Paisley would let Mal and Evie play with the puppies as long as they were careful. If she felt they were being too rough, she would take her pups back. While the puppies were napping for the fifth time, Mal was sitting in Ben's lap about half awake. She hadn't slept at all last night. She had this feeling that something was wrong but she didn't know what. She didn't tell Ben because she thought it would worry him when really, he was already worried. Mal wasn't one to fall asleep around her friends and she was hardly awake. He figured she just hadn't gotten enough sleep but he didn't know why.

"You okay, Mal? You don't look like you're awake." Jay said.

"I'm fine." Mal replied, yawning as soon as she finished. "Just tired because I stayed up late last night."

"I'm tired too. Maybe we should just nap." Evie suggested. She wasn't actually tired, she just wanted to go hang out with Doug. Mal figured this out and wiggled her eyebrows at Evie who glared back at her.

"I don't think you're actually tired, Miss I Fell In Love With Son Of Someone On The Other Side Of My Story." Mal teased.

"You know what, shut up. You fell in love with the newly crowned King of Auradon." Evie smirked back.

"So?" Mal replied. Evie rolled her eyes and slumped down against Carlos's bed. Ben tried not to laugh or smile but instead just made himself look like an idiot.

"Dude, what's wrong with your face? You look like an angry German frog." Jay said. Mal looked up at Ben and started to laugh along with everyone else.

"I'm sorry. I was trying to look like a llama." Ben defends himself. They all laugh, even Ben, since everyone knew he really wasn't.

"Well, then spit on Jay because llamas spit on stupid people." Evie stated. Ben tried to spit on Jay but didn't make it and it landed on the floor.

"And for the record, llamas don't only spit on stupid people." Carlos told them.