Perfect

High school.

Terror hadn't allowed me to sleep a wink last night as I lay on the sofa. I had been offered the bed beside Richard, but after speaking with the principle, my parents' lawyers, and authorities a few days ago, and having them pose the question asking about whether we were sleeping together... yeah. I was going to be a high school student again, and not even though I'm as legal as any other adult, I doubted they'd see that.

Feeling Coda nibble at my fingers, I forced myself to sit up and yawned, exhausted. Scooping him up, I waddled, still half asleep, into the bathroom and went through the actions of changing his diaper and cleaning him up. When he was nice and clean I set him down on his paws, watching as he bounded down the hall to slip into Richard's room.

Heheh. Here comes the alarm clock, Richard.

After we left Jordan's several days ago he had paid for a doctor to take excellent care of Coda's injuries and they've healed surprisingly well. All were closed and the stitches for the big one were removed yesterday night. They were still bandaged, just in case, but they all looked good. A loud groan echoed from Richard's room a moment later, followed by an excited yip as my boy likely began teething on his fingers.

I stepped up to the door and peered inside, snickering when I saw that Coda had a hold of Richard's ear and was tugging playfully. When I heard another groan I crept into the room and climbed into the bed, removing my son, only to be scooped up into comfortable, warm arms and pulled beneath the blanket.

This definitely isn't going to help me get to school on time. I thought to myself as I snuggled in, loving the sensation of heat surrounding me. It felt like a soft cloud of warmth and musk and I didn't want to move.

"Mm, was' time is it?" Richard asked, slurring his words with sleep as he nuzzled against my neck. It was hard to concentrate with the gesture but I managed to shimmy in his arms enough so that my head poked out of the top of the blanket by the pillows.

"It's six o'clock. I need to be at school by seven."

Another groan echoed from Richard, this one sounding more like his bear than the other two.

"Um, I can walk..."

"No." He rumbled right away as his arms tightened around me.

Ever since we had met with all those people a few days ago Richard hadn't let me go anywhere without him. Not even outside in the backyard. It was a bit bothersome but I knew he did it out of... concern. Yeah, concern.

Suddenly I was being sat up as Richard moved into the position. Coda slid from my arms and darted from the bed, his diapered butt disappearing over the edge. I wanted to follow and see where he was going, but then I saw Jess's bear darting past the door and knew they were just going to get some morning energy out.

Feeling a nose nuzzle against my neck a moment later, I tilted my head to the side, allowing Richard to do as he wished for a few moments. Both of our animals had strong senses of smell so I wasn't surprised when he began sniffing from my ear down to my collar bone, then back again. When he tilted his head back a few moments later I turned in his arms and reciprocated, inhaling his musky bear scent as I rubbed my nose along his throat and the scruff growing on his chin.

A hungry roar and bark from the living room had both of us grinning in the dark of his room a minute later.

"Guess it's time to feed the beasts." He mumbled as his arms slowly fell away from my body and we began sliding out of bed. When we got to the hall he pressed a hand to my lower back and nudged me toward the bathroom.