Seeing Mum

I woke up to the smell of cheese buns, I sprinted downstairs to find Peeta laying the table with a huge plate of cheese buns, I screamed "cheese buns, I love them" and frightened the life out of Peeta. He turned and kissed me "only the best for my family" I smile and scoff half of the buns, when Haynitch walks in "did someone die,I heard screaming" "no, it was just Katniss, she loves her cheese buns" Haymitch laughs and take two cheese buns of my plate and I scowl at him "what you've got plenty" Haymitch remarks "I am eating for two now" Haynitch shrugs and says "so, do you want a boy or girl" Peeta blurts "girl" the same time I say "boy" Haymitch smirks at us and I blush and look sideways at Peet awhile is grinning. "Katniss why don't you ring your Mum and go and see her" I scowl and Haymitch laughs "I hope your kid isn't like you sweetheart because I then will feel sorry for Peeta" I scowl more. Peeta laughs and kisses my forehead where I am scowling and then turns to Haymitch "I will then be the luckiest man in the world, with Katniss and our baby" I smile and Haymitch sighs and gets up "see you lover boy and sweetheart try not to kill your Mother as she will be a grandma soon and I think she actually wants to see the kid" he says as he walks out the door. "Come on, let's get you changed and then you can ring her" I sigh and go and get dressed while Peeta cleans up the kitchen. It has been twenty minutes and all I have done is stare at the phone, Peeta sits next to me and kisses my forehead "it will be fine, do you want me here because if you don't I was just going to check on the bakery and then invite Annie,Finn, Jo , Haymitch and Effie round for dinner" I smile at him "no that's fine, the bakery has to be perfect for the opening tomorrow" he kisses me again and walks out the door. It's now or never, it rings for about five minuets until a man's voice comes on the phone, "hello, hello" "oh is Violet Everdeen there"(I don't know her real name) " yes she is who is calling" "Katniss, Katniss Everdeen" "oh hold on please" there was a minute of silence then my mothers voice came on " hello Katniss, is that you" "yes mother, who was that" "oh um.. umm ..my boyfriend" I start to get angry "ok well I was ringing to tell you Peeta and I are getting married and I am pregnant , we want you to be there " I snap "oh that's wonderful and congratulations, of course I will be there, when is it ?" "In two weeks on the 4th of July " "hang on" I hear her shout Hank are we free on the 4th and then I hear a muffled yes." We can dear" I take deep breaths not to scream at her that her boyfriend can't come, then after what she says next I loose it "do you want Hank to walk you down the isle " I scream at her "No, I don't want your stupid boyfriend walking me down the isle, I want my father but as I can't have that I am having Haymitch do it as he is the closest thing to a parent at the moment because you abandoned me like Gale did and everyone else at least he came back to apologise, you didn't even ring" I am crying at the end of this. I can hear my mother crying and someone saying soothing words to her "you are welcome to my wedding but don't expect me to forgive you yet" I say before cutting the phone call. I am in tears for about twenty minuets until Peeta comes through the door and comforts me "shh it's okay what happened" he says softly "s..she ha..has a bo..boyfriend a..and s..she d.didnt ev..even a..apo..apologise" I managed to say in between sobs " it's okay come on you can sleep until tea's ready" he's scoops me up into his arms and carries me upstairs to our bedroom and tucks me in "stay with me " I murmur "always ".