Red heads or Brunettes?

I sat up sharply and hit my head on something hard and wooden. 

"Oh fuck." I moaned before the lid of my coffin was snatched open and I was thrown into a bone crushing hug by Vlad. I opened my eyes and saw everyone in my room, well everyone who cared about me. Vlad, Bertrand, Wolfie and dad? "What happened?" I said as though my voice hadn't been used in a while. No one answered, they just avoided my eyes. Bertrand and Vlad exchanged glances but then looked at the floor. "Tell me." I said lifting Vlad's head with my index finger and looked him in the eye.

"You were attacked by a slayer." he said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"You almost died." Bertrand said.

"Don't rub it in." Dad muttered under his breath. I hissed at him bearing my fangs.

"Shut up dad." Vlad defended. He gave Vlad a dirty look and walked out of the room, his long hair doing a slight flip as he left. Bertrand walked over to me.

"Are you OK?" he asked. 

"I think so." I nodded but then there was the most excruciating pain in my stomach. I felt my fangs explode into my mouth and my eyes went red. 

"Quick, get her some blood!" Wolfie yelled. Vlad disappeared for less than a second, then was back with two blood bags. I snatched them off of them and drained then in five seconds flat.

"Now are you OK?" Bertrand asked me.

"Yes. I am. I just have one question." 

"yes." Vlad said.

"How long was I gone for?" I asked. They exchanged glances then Bertrand answered,

"A month." he said quietly, but loud enough to hear.

"What!?" I questioned.

"They drained you of all of your blood. We had to take vampire blood and inject it into you, even then there was only a 20- 40% chance you would survive. You've been stuck in a dream world. Everything in that world was fake." Bertrand said, then looked at the floor.

"Who's blood was it?" I asked just out of curiosity.

"A random vampire with the same blood type as you." Vlad said then stood up and held out a hand for me to hold as I climbed out of my bed and stood on the floor trying to walk, I must of looked like Bambi. When I had regained my balance I looked at Vlad, smiled at him and wrapped my arm around him in a bear hug. He laughed a bit. "Are you still ill, or am I the one that's dreaming?" he smiled.

"Ha ha, no You're awake but I could pinch you just in case." I smiled at him.

"NO! I'm fine V." he said stepping back. I have the most painful pinch imaginable according to Vlad anyway. 

"Thanks, all of you." I said hugging Wolfie sweetly, then hugging Bertrand and Vlad. Wolfie smiled then ran out of the room to find Ingrid or something like that.

"For what?" Bertrand frowned.

"For not giving up." I answered smiling. He smiled back, which made my heart flutter. Vlad looked at me funny, but I ignored it. "Just one question, how did you know I was in a dream world?" 

"Some times you would mutter stuff, but we couldn't make it out." Bertrand explained to me. Thank god for that, if they knew what was going on in my head, then I would be an embarrassment to myself. I thought about some random shit for a short moment, then Vlad said,

"Come on we need to go out and help with the ceasefire." he looked at me, then added, "You can come with us if you want?" he invited me along. "If you're Strong enough." he looked over to Bertrand who snapped out of what he was thinking about.