Revamped

Me, Bertrand and Vlad ran as fast as we could, until we lost the scent.

"I've lost the scent, which way?" Bertrand asked one of us. We both used our sight to detect the location.

"That way." we both said at the same time and we ran again and stopped in the town square.

"Are you sure you want to do this? It could be dangerous." Bertrand warned. "Vampires down here don't play by the rules."

"They will by the time I'm done with them." me and Vlad chorused. He just looked at us as Vlad walked away, leaving me and Bertrand locked in eye contact. I broke away and followed Vlad, closely follwed by Bertrand. We walked down the steps of the lair and the atmosphere changed almost imediatly. It stank and there was fire everywhere. Vampires were scattered around the place, all of them were biters. Some of them hissed at us as we got deeper.

"How can they live like this?" Vlad asked us.

"They have no place to go." Bertrand answered as we looked behind us. They were following us. Great. "Sometimes immortality just gives you more time to fail." he said wisely.

"Nice of you to join us." A familiar voice said behind us. We turned around sharply to face Malik. "Like what we've done with the place?"

"You mage a big mistake at the football match." Vlad said coldly.

"I know tell me about it, should of attacked instead of defended." he said sarky. 

"You bit your way through half the slayer team." Bertrand said just as coldly.

"That mistake." he shook his head from side to side as if contemplating if that was a mistake.

"The slayers guild have given us 48 hours to stop attacking breathers or the cease fire is over." I inforemed them, not breaking my glare on Malik.

"Does this mean they don't want a re-match?" Ryan said sarcastically and Malik laughed. We stood on a higher level so we could see all of them. Vlad sighed.

"I'm starting a new training course at Garside." Malik smiled. "We'll teach you the skills you need to re-build your lives." Vlad explained to them.

"We'll help you make the switch from biting breathers, to using blood bags." he Bertrand pulled a blood bag out of one of his many pockets and showed it to them. Some of them laughed, and some of them gaged.

"Learn how to become part of society again." I said calmer than the others, but still with as much meaning. "Get jobs, have nice homes, be respected, admired. Not scratching a living down here with the rats."

"I can re-vamp you." Vlad added. I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Now who's with me?" he raised his arms. All he got was laughs.

"Re- vamp you?" Bertrand questioned. 

"Really?" We said at the same time. I have a habit of doing that with Vlad, but not with anyone else.

"I thought it was catchy." He murmured back. "Obviously, not everyone agrees." 

"sorry Vlad, we tried to play ball, but it's just not our game." Malik twirled a golf club.

"Blood sports, that's more our thing." Ryan joked.

"Times have changed, there's a new way to live," Vlad encouraged. Malik had his fangs out and said

"Yeah and an old way to die." they all hissed at us.

"Well, that went well." Bertrand said to us.

"Yeah, I thought so to." Vlad replied. That started throwing broken wood at us, which is the same as a stake.