Destery Smith x Reader One Shot

Can I Have This Dance?

Reader's POV

It was a normal day for Destery and I, we were having a lazy day which wasn't that different from any other day honestly. I was bored and had the urge to do something sporty, I had an odd amount of energy this day. " Deees? " I asked, pulling out the vowel in the nickname he had. " Whaaaaat? " he asked me, looking down at me as we were cuddled together, platonically since we were best friends, and watching anime on his TV. " Can I have your phone? " I asked, him then giving me his phone hesitantly, not sure what I had in mind. I grabbed the remote to the TV and paused the anime. Des whined as it was paused and looked over at me, pouting and giving me a 'why did you do that I was watching that and enjoying it' to which I giggled to and stood up, walking over to his IPhone Dock and plugged his phone in. " (Y/N/N)? What are you doing? " Destery asked carefully, I waved the question off and started to play my playlist I made on his phone and the music played from the speakers, Girls from The 1975 played and I started to move along to the song. I turned around to Destery and held out my hand, " C'mon, dance with me Des. " I said giving him a smile, still moving along to the beat. Destery laughed, " Ugh, fiiine! " he said, getting up from his bed and coming over to me, dancing along sillily. We had fun, just being dorks moving to the songs that played. Then, Made Up Girlfriend from Destery himself from his album Sailing Home, come on and then Destery started singing to me, " Can I have this dance? " he sang along, holding his hand out. I took it giggling like a school girl and then we started to dance like one would if they were at a ball. We laughed and then the song changed to something random. Destery looked over at me, out of breath and said, " Well that was fun, thank you for making me do something other than being lazy. " he then walked over to me, hugging me and giving me a quick kiss on the forehead. I blushed, returning the hug and burrying my head in his neck and giving him a peck in the crook if his neck. " Anytime, Des, anytime. "

Author's Note
So, that was a Destery Smith one shot, I hope you liked it! Please don't forget to leave a comment or some constructive critisism. See you guys soon, bye bye!