Chapter 10: "Too Sick"

Zayn's POV:

"Zayn, you have to tell him." Niall told me as I sat with all the lads at the table. Louis was in the shower and Bridget was in her room, I believe talking to her sister. 

"I know. Stop pestering me, I'm going to." I defended. 

"Tonight." Harry said in kind of a warning voice. 

"Why tonight?" 

"So you can get it over and done with and stop procrastinating." 

I sighed and slumped back into my seat. "How am I supposed to bring it up? Just blow it in his face like 'Hey Lou, I'[m quitting, good luck. Stay in touch.' That's not the best approach." 

Louis' POV: 

   "How am I supposed to bring it up? Just blow it in his face like 'Hey Lou, I'[m quitting, good luck. Stay in touch.' That's not the best approach."  I was about to turn the corner when I heard Zayn say that. What? He's quitting? How come all the lads know except me? 

"I don't know why you just won't tell him?" I heard Niall asked. 

"He already has enough on his mind with him being sick, so I don't want to add onto that." Zayn said. 

Wait, so they're not telling me because they don't think I can handle it? That just pissed me off. Just because I'm sick doesn't mean I can't take some news. If he wants to quit then fine, but don't come crawling to me when you need to know how to entertain yourself. Apparently I'm too sick to know anything!

"Hey Louis, what are you doing just standing outside of the kitchen?" I turned to see Bridget with a smile that slowly faded once she saw my expression. "What's wrong?" She asked. 

I shook my head. "Nothing... I'll be in my room if you need me." I mumbled and pushed past her to my room, slamming my door behind me. I'm sure the boys heard it, but at the moment I don't care. They should know that I'm pissed off. Or am I too sick to handle being mad. 

I plopped down on my bed and just laid there. Why is Zayn even quitting? I mean, it's fine if he feels that way, but why did he tell the boys and not me? Oh yea, he thinks I'm too sick to handle it.

"Louis?" Bridget said as she opened the door. 

"What?" I said bluntly. I didn't mean to be rude or mean, especially to her since she didn't do anything, but right now I couldn't help it. 

She sighed and stepped in the room, closing the door behind her. She came over and sat down next to me on the bed. "Something's bothering you..." She stated. "And I don't mean health wise." 

"It doesn't matter. I'm too sick to worry about it." I spat out, bitterness behind my voice. 

"What are you talking about?" She asked. 

I sighed and sat up, bringing my knees up to sit Indian style. "It's nothing... I'll be fine." 

"Louis just tell me... Please." She said placing her hand on my knee. 

I looked to where her hand rested and had the urge to grab it, but I restrained myself. I looked back to her and shook my head. "It's fine Bridget... Something just made me a little mad that's all." More like royally pissed me off, but I'll just have to get over it. 

"Well, what is it." She pushed on. 

"Bridget... I really don't want to talk about it... Can we just let it go for now." 

Bridget sighed but nodded. "Okay..." She leaned over and kissed my cheek, her lips lingering a little. "You're cheek is warm." She giggled, but didn't move her face. 

I let out a weak laugh. "Thank you?" 

Bridget giggled again, her breath fanning over my face. I wanted to kiss her but... That would creep her out, right? I mean I just met her not too long ago. I looked from her eyes to her lips and started to lean in slightly, seeing if she would move. She didn't to my surprise and I was about to kiss her when a knock came to the door. 

Bridget and I quickly pulled away, both of our faced turning red and Niall walked in the room with a smile. "Oh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?" He asked. 

"Um, no. I was just leaving." Bridget said, quickly getting up. "Goodnight Lads... Louis." She smiled at us and left, closing the door behind her. 

"Did I seriously interrupt something?" He asked with a laugh and sat down. I just looked at him and laid down, grabbing my phone and scrolling through it. "I guess I did..." I rolled my eyes... It's hard to stay mad at Niall... Well... He didn't really do anything wrong did he? He just didn't tell me.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." I mumbled, plugging up my phone and setting it down. 

"Wait, shouldn't you um, come visit for a little bit. I think Zayn wants to talk to you." He told me. Wait, so Zayn thinks I'm too sick to tell me, then Niall has to be the one to tell me he has something to tell me?

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. I'm tired... Goodnight." I mumbled again and laid down completely, covering myself with the converter. 

I heard Niall sigh but he got up and left, taking the light off as he did. You're not supposed to go to be pissed... But looks like I am. My chest was killing me, but I'll live. 

Harry's POV: 

"Where's Louis?" I asked as Niall walked in. 

"He went to bed." Niall shrugged and plopped down next to me. Bridget sat between Liam and Zayn as we all watched some random movie that was on. 

"He seemed angry when I talked to him... But then calmed down a little." She said. 

"Hopefully he's okay. He's probably ju-" I started, but got interrupted by Louis screaming. 

"BRIDGET!"