Chapter 12: People that love you

Bridget's POV:

I sat in a chair next to Louis' hospital bed as Harry was passed out on the other chair across the room. Mrs. Jay and Ann were talking to some nurses and getting something to eat with the rest of the boys.

I looked over to Harry and smiled. He hasn't left Louis' side all day and night. Mrs. Jay brought him some food up earlier, but he refused to leave. Harry's a good friend that Louis really needs to appreciate. I know he does, but he doesn't say it.

I chuckled as I still looked at Harry. His head was against the wall, eyes closed, and silent snores were coming from his nose. His feet were stretched out and his arms were crossed over his chest.

Louis on the other hand still had the oxygen mask on and his chest still heaved. His eyes were closed and he looked absolutely exhausted. "If you could only hear and see how much everyone loves you, and how much we all care about you..." I told him, even though he was asleep. "I know you don't think we all do, and that you've been more depressed lately, even from when I first met you. Being depressed isn't a side-effect of cancer like they say... it's a side-effect of dying..." (totally got that from TFIOS, so I do not own "The Fault In Our Stars") "You can't think that way... We all believe in you and love you... You need to love and believe in yourself."

I know he doesn't hear me... but it was words that he needed to be told. I smiled kissing his cheek several times. I kissed all around his face, from his forehead to his neck. My lips lingered on his neck a little too long some may say, but I don't care. I eventually forced myself to pull back and sit down properly again, not wanting to wake him. "If you only knew..."

Louis' POV:

Damn my chest hurt. I lay in the white bed of my hospital room, finally able to take that oxygen mask off. They forced me to eat, only liquids, even when I assured them I wasn't hungry.

I woke up to see all the lads and Bridget passed out around the room. Bridget had her head rested next to my side on the bed, as a blanket was over her shoulders. My mum was standing at the foot of my bed with a small smile on her face, Mrs. Ann next to her. "Hey sweetheart." She said sweetly in a whisper. "You should really thank these boys and Bridget." She gestured around the sleeping lads around the room along with Bridget. "Harry never left your side, and the other's have been here just as long as you have."

I just nodded and looked to Bridget again. She looked so peaceful and beautiful... I'm actually thankful for my cancer in some ways... I never would have met Bridget if I didn't have it. "She's never left your side either." Mrs. Ann told me. "She hasn't moved from that spot."

I smiled still looking to her. I looked around at the rest of the lads. Zayn was passed out as he leaned against the sleeping Liam as they both sat on the floor against a wall. Niall used his arms as a pillow as he laid on the floor, and Harry was asleep in a chair, his feet resting on Niall ' s back.

"Have you two gotten any sleep?" I asked in a whisper, my voice coming out horse.

"Hardly." Mrs. Ann chuckled. "I can't convince you're mother to come back to the hotel."

"Mum, I'll be fine. I got the lads and Bridget to stay with me. Plus an entire hospital full of nurses and doctors." I told her.

"But-" She started.

"No, mum. Go get some rest, I'm fine."

Mum sighed and came over to me and kissed my forehead. "Okay... get some rest darling."

I nodded. "I will."

Mrs. Ann came over and kissed my forehead as well, leaving with my mum shortly after.

I smiled again as I looked around the room. I lightly grabbed Bridget's hand, making sure not to wake her, and nestled into the bed more. I know I just woke up, but I was still exhausted. I closed my eyes, trying to rest some and wake up with everyone else.