Chapter 16: Blood

Louis' POV: 

I woke up next to Bridget, her head on my chest. She was still asleep as she curled into me. I smiled down at the beautiful girl next to me. "I love you..." I repeated for about the tenth time. I kissed her forehead, and tried to ignore the blood taste coming up my throat. No, not right now. I don't want to wake her up, and I really don't want to cough up blood today. But... You can't get everything you wish for. I barely had enough time to make it to the bathroom before I was coughing red drops into the sink. 

"Louis?" I heard Bridget say. She appeared moments later wearing my shirt and her night shorts. I just had my boxers, which honestly made me cold. "Baby are you alright?" She asked, rubbing her hand over my back. 

I couldn't answer her, just coughed up more red liquid. "Lou?" I heard Harry say as he knocked. He came into the bathroom and sighed watching me hackle. "Again..." He took a quick glance at mine and Bridget's apparel and simply nodded. 

"Its" *cough* never *cough* been *cough* this *cough* bad" I managed to get out, still coughing. The sink was colored red now, a few chunks of my lung with it... Well it seemed like it was. 

"Go get him some water." Bridget told Harry. 

Harry disappeared, coming back with a bottle of water and the rest of the boys. "You alright?" Zayn asked. 

I shook my head still coughing. "Liam grab his medicine on his nightstand please." Bridget told him. Liam left coming back with my medicine bag as I finally stopped coughing. My throat was sore and dry as I wiped my mouth and drank some water. 

"It's never been that bad before." I said again, my throat coming out horse. 

I took my medicine quickly, uncomfortable that all eyes were watching me. "I'm calling the doctor." Bridget said. 

"Wait Bridget." My voice cracked as I grabbed her hand to stop her. "I'm fine." 

Bridget sighed. "Louis Tomlinson as your nurse I care for your health and knows what's best for you." She told me. "And as your girlfriend I care about you as a person and want what's best for you." She hugged me, nuzzling her head into my chest. "I love you..." She whispered to me, so low that only I could hear. 

"Girlfriend?" Niall asked. "When did this happen?" 

Both Bridget and I chuckled. "I'm going call the doctor." Bridget said still giggling. 

I didn't stop her this time as all of us left the bathroom. 

                                                                                                                  ***

I sat on a big table as the doctor took x-rays of my chest, along with, if you can imagine, another cat scan. We were currently waiting for the results as Bridget lay her head on my shoulder. I would cough every once in awhile, more than I usually do.

"How's your chest?" Bridget asked, her head still on my shoulder. 

"Aggravating like it always is." 

Bridget picked her head up and looked at me. "You've never told me about all your treatment and everything." She said. "Like what was chemo and everything like? I know it was bad, but... You know what I mean."    

"You've never told any of us." Liam said. 

I let out a sigh and shook my head. "Because I don't like telling it..." 

Bridget gave me a small smile and kissed my cheek. "I think we deserve to know exactly what you went though." 

I let out another sighed. "Alright.... So, December 28th, 2006..."