Ch 82: Clues

If you read the story over again you will definitely catch more things because you know the ending.  So I recommend re-reading if you have the time.  I know most don't have extra time and with all the new FF popping up every week there's even less time for re-reading a story so I'll outline everything here for curious eyes :) 

Originally I was going to outline ALL clues chapter by chapter (and yes there is something in every chapter except ch. 8) including Volto clues, red herring scenes/dialogue, extra facts needed for connections later in the story...pretty much everything laid out per chapter, but then I thought that might be too boring and some might have been really obvious and just the few I listed below took me a long time to compile. So instead I'm only going to do the Volto ones plus any others that are more obscure or I think are 'fun' (as the author I had a fun time hiding clues no one saw/mentioned lol).  

Ch 3 tackling the assignment"one day a boy will like you....little did my parents know that day was sooner than I ever thought possible" - Foreshadowing

Ch 10 nightmare on sang street-
- Sang mentions the way Mr. B looks at her makes her feel like he already knows her. (F)

Ch 12 proposals cheers and red gummy bears-  Sang overhears a student say regarding Owen: "He's everywhere trouble is" (Word Play Hint-- Owen is everywhere Trouble aka Sang is)

Ch 14. front seat, back seat passenger seat driver and sang

Owen was the driver in the BMW during the driving test. 

Ch 15. Secret admirer or crazy stalker- Volto gives Sang a rose and note in her gym locker - "good luck at cheer" (first Volto encounter... after she starts hanging out with the boys.  Volto is jealous!!  If you notice later in the story the majority of interactions occur right after she had a date with one of the boys.)

Ch 16 - torn to pieces- While Sang reads the accident file it is mentioned that District Attorney C. Nasrin Sr. told Detective Reynolds to close the case as an accident despite proof otherwise. C stands for Cody. Sr. because he's the father. Nasrin is a Persian name meaning rose. DA died 5 years ago.  Volto was MIA for 5 years.

Ch 17 Cheer hell- We meet Volto in person for the first time: Local Italian restaurant(later revealed he owns the place...just bought it at the beginning of August)- Sang's inner dialogue mentions many scents filter through the air. she smells "cheese and something sweet but sharp"-- "sweet but sharp" is the description used in the books for describing part of Volto's scent.  

- Cody gets her a menu and no one else.  Pays more attention to her, is rude to the boys etc.

- When Rocky is making Sang uncomfortable Jay is the only person to come to her rescue.  Hint to his protectiveness of Sang revealed in later chapters. 

Ch 18 Meeko

- she deduces volto couldn't have been no more than 14 when he broke into her foster home. which means he could be around 19 right now (Therefore he can't be a classmate unless he repeated a grade or two or is either Owen/Sean).  In a later chapter during the camp out Sang thinks Volto could be her same age if he is really tall, but she always leaned more towards Owen being Volto.

- "I need to forget about him being Volto because I could be missing out on the obvious right in front of me!" This then cuts to the next scene with Luke talking (this was a red herring)

ch 19 - a night with gabe keeps the nightmares away

-Mr. B and Sean show up at Sang's movie date with Gabe.  Sang recalls the quote from Mean Girls that seeing a teacher outside of school is like seeing a *dog* walk on it's hind legs.  This was my clue to you that Owen & Sean are Academy.