Chapter 11

Demi's POV:

I wake up and stare at my bandaged arms, reliving the night before, i fucked up so bad, i have fucked everything up. Sighing i roll on to my back and stare up at the ceiling, how did things get so messed up? How did i get back to this place again? I'm stronger than this and i know that deep down, but something's holding me back and i can't put my finger on what it is. I need to see my therapist, maybe then things will get clearer, i'm just scared that they're going to send me back to treatment, as good as treatment was for me, it's not something that i want to go through again.

I rub my eyes and grab my cell from the bedside table, getting out of bed i grab my oversized hoodie from the floor and throw it over my head, pulling the hood up. I make my way out of the room and down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen, man i need coffee. As i round the corner and enter the kitchen, i'm met with my mom at the kitchen table.

"Hey momma" I shuffle towards her and wrap my arms around her shoulders in a hug.

"Hey babygirl" She sadly smiles at me, "We need to talk" She pats the chair beside her and i sit down, crossing my legs underneath me as my heart races.

"What's up?" I chew on my bottom lip as i play with my sleeves, she knows, oh god she knows.

"Honey, Rissa told me everything, why didn't you come to one of us? If things get to much you know you can always come to us."

"I don't know momma" I exhale, "Everything just happened so fast and i lost control" I drop my face into my hands, I've let everyone down, most of all i've let myself down. My mom places her hand under my chin and lifts my face so i'm looking at her, she softly smiles at me. "Smile princess, your crown is falling off." I muster up as much as a smile as i can and reflect it back at her.

"What did he do to your beautiful face, baby?" My mom gently traces the outline of the bruise on my face, tears filling her eyes.

"It's fine.." I trail off, chewing on my bottom lip.

"It's not fine, Demi, he put his hands on you, that's never okay." I drop my eyes to the floor. "He's never going to hurt you again baby, you hear me? Nobody's ever going to lay a hand on you ever again, i won't let them." My mom wraps her arms around me and in return i wrap my arms around her, exhaling into her shoulder.

"You're so much stronger than you give yourself credit for, you know that right?" I shrug, swallowing back tears as my mom pulls away so she can look me in the eyes

"I don't feel very strong..."

"Honey, listen to me" My mom takes my hands in hers, "Look at everything you've gone through, look at who you were and who you are now, that's something to be incredibly proud of. You've been to hell and back and you're still here with us, that's a testament to your strength. You're stronger than you've ever been and you should never doubt your strength, whenever you do come to us, look to your Lovatics, we won't let you drown baby." I choke back a sob as my mom wraps her arms around me.

"I love you so much momma" I mumble through my tears.

"I love you too baby"

-------------------

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, i didn't do bad with the makeup job, you can't even tell that my ex did a number on me. I make my way down the hall, as i'm passing by Maddie's room i hear soft sobs coming from inside. I press my ear to the door and her cries only get louder, oh my poor baby. I softly knock on the door, "Mads?"

"Yeah, give me a minute" Her voice sounds ragged, what the hell's happened?

"Let me in babygirl" After a few minutes the lock clicks and Maddie pulls open the door, her face is red and puffy from crying and tears continue to stream down her face.