Chapter 6.

Marissa’s POV:

I lean over and turn down the radio as we pull on to Demi’s street, the last thing we need tonight is the neighbours complaining; especially on top of everything that’s happened. As Max pulls into the driveway i glance over my shoulder at Demi and Jennel, who are both asleep, clinging to each other as they dream. Demi has her arms wrapped protectively around Jennel, her head is resting on Max’s bunched up sweater that she somehow managed to comfortably wedge between her and the window; Jennels head is resting on Demi’s chest, her hands are locked around Demi’s neck and they’re legs are tangled together. I smirk, slide my phone out of my pocket and quickly open my camera; i turn off the flash before taking a shit load of pictures, i couldn’t help it, they’re just so adorbs, i ship it!

Max shuts off the engine and turns to me as I slide my phone back into my jacket pocket, he sighs and wipes away the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

“What’s up, Maximus?” I whisper, I don’t want to wake Dennel up before we have too.

“Just tired is all” Tired is an understatement.

“I wonder how Jill’s doing” I think aloud, I’m really worried about her and i hated the fact that we had to drop her at her hotel but we had no choice; there just isn’t enough room at the house. Max shrugs, turning his head towards me.

“She’ll get through it Riss; that girls a fighter” He reassures me and i smile.

“Thanks Maxy” He returns my smile.

“What do you want me to do with the lovebirds?” I choke and stifle a laugh. Max, you have never been more accurate.

“I can hear you. Assholes” Demi mumbles from the backseat, i look over my shoulder to see her glaring at us through half open eyes.

“Dennel for life!” I whisper chant, fist pumping the air.

“I like Dilmer more” Demi lets out through a yawn as she carefully repositions herself into more of a sitting position. Jennel stirs slightly, mumbling something in her sleep, Demi places a gentle kiss on her forehead, “It’s okay rockstar, you’re safe, go back to sleep babygirl; I love you” She whispers into Jennels hair.

“I love you more” Jennel sighs before burying her head deeper into Demi’s chest as she drifts back into uncontiousness.

“Dennel is real!” I whisper shout.

“No, Dilmer is real”

“If you say so, Lovato”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” Demi lifts her head and kinks her eyebrow at me.

“Oh nothing…” I look down at my hands and begin fiddling with my nails, trying to avoid this escalating.

“I don’t mean to interrupt but, it’s now” Max looks down at his watch and then focuses his gaze back between Demi and I. “4am, and i would very much like to go to sleep. Where should i take Jennel? Main house or guest house?”