Chapter 2.

Marissa’s POV:

After finally getting a hysterical Jennel off to sleep, i carefully unwrap my body from hers; seeing one of my best friends so broken is killing me, it’s like knowing that there’s going to be a trainwreck but all you can do is sit back and watch it happen, all you can do is hope for the best after the fallout. I quietly pull the curtain back into place and make my way into the living area, collapsing onto the sofa, I wonder what happened along the way to make Jennel the way she is now; everyone has a story and i’m determined to know hers, i need to know if we have any chance of saving her. Why didn’t she just reach out to me? To Demi? If things were this bad i just wish that she felt like she could have come to us….How did her team not notice? I don’t know the extent to what she’s been doing but i can only imagine, how did nobody notice the signs?

My phone vibrates in my pocket, pulling me from my thoughts.

DLov [9:28pm]: ’Rissa! Where the fuck are you?! I flew all the way to Texas to surprise you and you’re not even home? :( xox’

Shit. Well this puts me in an awkward position; I either don’t tell her and Jennel doesn’t hate me but Dem does or, i tell Demi and have Jennel hate me….I don’t win either way but i need to do what’s best for J, plus Demi wouldn’t ever talk to me again if i kept this from her, especially because it’s Jennel and everybody knows that Demi is completely in love with the girl. I run my fingers through my hair, letting out a breathe i didn’t even know i’d been holding in; where do i even start explaining?

Marissa [9:34pm]: ‘I’m sorry D! Something came up and well…..how long are you in town for? xo’  

If i’m going to tell her, i’d rather tell her in person, especially because i know that she’s going to want to see Jennel as soon as she knows. Plus, Jennel’s going to need as much support around her and well, Demi’s the best person to be here for her through this, I’m pretty sure Demi would be the only person Jennel would fully let in.

DLov [9:36pm]: I have the next few months free, besides a few appearances i’m free. What’s going on Mar? You’re scaring me…xox

Just as i’m about to type out a reply, Jennel’s screams cut through the silence of the bus, fuck, this is going to be a long night. I quickly type a reply out to Demi before running towards Jennel’s bunk.

Marissa [9:40pm]: It’s Jennel…..She needs us Dem. I have to go but i’ll text you the address when i can, love you D xox

——————————————

Demi’s POV:

I nervously tap my fingers against the steering wheel as i wait for the light to turn green; I wish somebody would tell me what the fuck is going on, especially when it comes to my friends, my rockstar….All Marissa said was that she’d explain when i got there but i honestly don’t see what’s so important that she couldn’t tell me over the phone, unless it’s…..No Demi, stop, Jennel would never do that, would she? Not her, not my Rockstar, she’s stronger than that and even if it was, she would reach out to me right? I’m overthinking this way too much, maybe a relative died? I don’t know, but i’m not helping anyone or anything while overthinking this. The light turns green and i slam my foot on the gas, probably breaking the speed limit but who gives a fuck, Jennel’s more important to me than getting a ticket and she always will be plus, if a cop pulls me over i’ll use fame to my advantage, i’m sure whoever it is has a Lovatic in the family.