Recovery

I lay Snake's body on a bed in the infirmary, and he groans slightly. I turn to the doctors, who are scrambling around the room treating patients.
I walk over to a nurse. "What can I do to help?"
She turns to me, then looks back to Snake lying on the bed. She nods to him. "You can help him?"
"Yes."
"Then do so. We can help the others." She commands. I nod and walk back to my friend.
He groans as I cut open his shirt with a small pocket knife. He weakly takes off his mask and looks at me. Some of the nurses stop and gawk at the fact that he has his mask off.
"Don't you have wounded soldiers to take care of?!" I demand, knowing that my friend didn't like being the center of attention. They instantly scramble to go back to their patients as soon as they picked up on my harsh tone.
"Thanks." Snake Eyes mumbles softly. I instantly hush him and get the medical equipment that I would need. I examine the knife that was in his chest for poisons.
I didn't find any, so I set to work on cleaning and bandaging the wound. I'm done in five minutes and I give him some painkillers to help him sleep. He falls asleep instantly, and I help with other wounded men. What I didn't know is that a certain redhead was glaring daggers at my back as I worked.

~5 hours later~

I plop on the sofa next to Snake Eyes, who has been able to move around since two hours ago. I look at him, every ounce of my body screaming for rest.
He looks into my eyes and smiles softly.
"You did well, Angel. A lot of our men were saved today because of your skills in healing." He says to me in Japanese. All I can do is smile a little. Snake chuckles and draws me closer, and I lay my head on his shoulders. We are the only people in the room at the moment. I shift and lay my head on his lap and he begins to play with my hair like how he used to when we were kids.
I feel so calm and relaxed as he plays with my hair, putting my long back locks into a braid and untangling it, then he puts it into a different hair style. Duke comes in, looking pissed off beyond hell.
"What's wrong, Duke?" I ask, sitting up much to Snake's displeasure.
"We've figured out Anna's next move, and it's not good. Come on, we're going to Paris."