Paris

We're on our way to Paris at the moment. Duke filled me and Snake in on the plan and situation a few hours before we took off. Snake and I are sharpening our swords while making small talk.
"

So, if Storm is there with them, along with his apprentice, you'll take him on, and I'll take the apprentice. Correct?" I ask the ninja beside me. He nods his head, gaze fixed on his blade. I frown for a second.
"I kinda feel bad for the apprentice, if you know what I mean..." I trail off. Snake looks at me, confused.
"What do you mean, Lynn?" He asks, saying my real name. I sigh and turn to face him fully.
"I mean that I take pity on her, a little. My brother will push people to their limits if they're under his training. You know this as well, Snake." Snake thinks for a minute, then nods in agreement. Duke turns to us.
"We're approaching Paris."

*******

We arrive in Paris and get in a van. Snake and I are in our combat outfits, while Duke and Ripcord are getting into the power suits. We see the enemy leave a building and get in their truck. The van's back doors slide open and Snake and I run after the enemy's retreating truck.
We run up a bridge, then jump onto Cobra's black van. I knew that Anna, Storm Shadow, and his apprentice were in the truck along with the warheads.
"Snake! They're going against-" before I could finish my sentence, a car rams into the side of ours, and we both go toppling. Snake falls off the roof and barely holds on. He looks into the car, widen his eyes, then pulls himself back on the roof, swearing.
"They saw you, didn't they." I say, and he nods his head. I feel the truck shift under us, and what looks like a snow plow appears on the truck's front bumper.
I look ahead of us and see an intersection in front of us, cars going in different directions. And that's when it hit me; they were going to plow their way through the oncoming traffic.
Snake and I look at each other, then i start laughing, terrified.
"This is going to be fun." I say sarcastically. Snake nods, then we both prepare ourselves to jump over the flipping cars.
One car came up and we flip over it. I look back to see that the others have dodged the car as well. We jump over a few more cars before we get a command from Breaker and Heavy.
"Guys, you have to stop them!" Breaker cries out.
"Working on it." Scarlett says.
"What do you think we're doing? Having lunch with Cobra?" I demand, making Snake laugh.
"No, I mean right now. They're gonna detonate one of the warheads on the Eiffel Tower!"
"Why didn't you say so?! Snake, shoot the roof." I pull out my pistol and shoot at the truck under me. In sync, Snake and I pull out our swords and stab the truck. I hear a girly scream under me, and I look at Snake, eyebrow raised. He shrugs and begins to fight with Storm Shadow through the window. I laugh slightly at their little fight, through a window. A freaking truck window!
Suddenly, a hand grabs my ankle and pulls hard, pulling me down. I let out a startled scream and quickly grab the rack on the roof of the truck, holding on tightly.
Now hanging on the side of the car, I look into the window and see Anna and Storm's apprentice looking at me. The apprentice, I quickly figure out, is the one who grabbed my ankle. My eyes flare and turn red for a split second, and I scare the two girls staring back at me.
I start punching the apprentice and she fights back as much as she can. I grab her by the hair and slam her head onto the back part of her window. I hear what sounds like a bone breaking, and blood gushes out of her nose. While the girl holds her nose and tries to stop the blood flow, I reach over, grab Anna by the hair, and smash her face against the driver seat.
I see Storm punch Snake in the face and Snake's head flies back. "Crush him!" Anna screams. The driver drives the truck and slides against a big white moving truck. Snake between them.
"No!" I scream out. I feel a hand on my foot. It isn't trying to pull me down, more like it's trying to comfort me. I look down and see that Snake Eyes is under the truck, barely holding on. I smile, relieved. He smiles back and winks. I smirk, then I kick the driver in the face, causing him to swerve slightly.
I look over to see Storm pointing a pistol at me. Instinctively, I jump up as he pulls the trigger, and the bullet hits my right leg. I cry out slightly, but it was loud enough to catch Snake's attention. He looks at me, a worried expression in his eyes. I shake my head, telling him to not worry about it. I use both of my arms to painfully drag myself back on the truck's roof. I hold on with my left arm while I hug my right leg close to my body. I hear Duke's voice in my earpiece.
"Angel, are you hurt?" He demands, his brotherly instincts kicking in.
"Nothing too bad," I say after looking at the wound.
"Angel..." Rip warns. We hit a pothole, and I gasp as pain shoots up my leg. I hear Snake's voice in my earpiece.
"I heard that, Angel. I'm coming up."
"No, Snake. You'll be an open target."
"And you'll be there to save me. We both know this, Angel."
I hesitate before answering. "Fine, but make it fast. My leg's beginning to hurt and I feel lightheaded."
As soon as I say that, Snake's rushing to get on the roof. Along the way, I see that he kicks Storm's apprentice in the nose, causing more blood to gush out her nose.
Snake and I laugh lightly and then we stop, listening closely. My eyes widen as I realize what I'm hearing: an incoming bullet train.
"Snake-" I don't even finish my sentence as my companion wraps his arms around me, my arms between us. Snake picks me up bridal style and jumps off the truck, rolling to absorb the impact.
I whimper slightly as my injured leg hits Snake's leg. Snake looks at my leg and, seeing that I won't be able to walk on my own, throws my arm around his shoulders and runs to the sidewalk. We walk for a bit, him keeping an eye on my leg. Soon enough, a missiles seen flying towards the Eiffel Tower. Snake and I watch from the sidewalk, bloodied and battered, as the warhead hits the Eiffel Tower, and the explosion of a green mist like cloud surrounds the section of the tower it hit.
Within a few seconds, the green mist cloud evaporated and spread around the tower and anything else metal that it came in contact with. Then, the mist disappears altogether. I look at Snake and we both smile slightly. Then we hear a creaking sound, and our heads whip to the tower to see it falling towards us. We both start running as fast as we could, which ended with me twisting my left ankle in the process, to get out of the falling tower's path.
"Well, that was fun." I say sarcastically once we were safe. Snake laughs lightly and examines my ankle.
"Well, you twisted it, and running on it only made the injury worse. I'll support you as far as I can, then we'll go from there. Now, get up, and let's get back to the team." Snake helps me up and we walk/limp back to our team.
We come back only to see them being arrested. I groan in both pain and annoyance at our current situation. Snake calls for a pick-up jet and he picks me up bridal style, and I fall asleep on his shoulder as we walk down an alleyway.

********

I wake up to see Snake looking at me with worry in his eyes.
"Are you alright, Angel?" He asks. I blink and nod, confused.
"Why would you ask that? I feel fine, Snake." I say, sitting up slowly.
"Well, after I picked you up, you fell asleep and I got worried, but I didn't want to wake you. Instead, I bandaged your leg and ankle. How are they feeling, actually?"
"Fine. I still feel lightheaded, though." He nods and hands me a pill and a glass of water. Trusting him, I take the pill. Then Snake smiles evilly. I blink, confused yet again. Then I realize that it's not Snake Eyes. I look around, noticing that we were in the alley still.
My head starts spinning and I hold it to keep myself steady. I look over and see a man lying on the ground unconscious with blood on his head. Snake Eyes.
I stand up and look at the man in front of me, who is now Storm Shadow.
"You are so naive, sister. Don't worry, the pill won't kill you, it will only knock you out for a few hours. Sweet dreams." He says, and I fall to the ground, unable to move. The last thing I see is Snake Eyes waking up, and his crystal blue eyes looking at me with fear and worry.
And I black out.