Yes It Is

Gail looked at my t-shirt. "No way, he doesn't look anything like that picture!" She said. "And isn't that the last one that they made?" I didn't explain to her the thing about Let It Be and Abbey Road and the great race to be the last album, I only shook my head and said,

"Yeah, but that's what he looks like now!" I pulled out my phone and showed her and an slightly interested Tanner a picture. "Here, let me see if I can find it on the news."

Eventually I found it on CNN. Proof!

"Okay, okay, you win. Woah- our teacher is a Beatle!" I laughed.

"Yeah, I know." I joked. "Where've you been?"

The teacher, arguably Paul, cleared his throat and faced the front of the class.

"Welcome class, I am your teacher for this year, I am James McCartney..."

"Ha!" Tanner exclaimed. "See, it's not Paul."

I shook my head and grinned knowingly. "Paul goes by his middle name, his first name is James." Tanner sighed in defeat.

"This year I will be teaching you..." He glanced over my way and he looked right at my shirt, he seemed a bit thrown off and he chuckled a little bit. "This year, I will be teaching you..."

"He's too old to teach." I heard my friend, and, regrettably ex, Mack mutter to his friend Henry. I waited until the teacher wasn't looking before I flung one of my books at him. I held in my laughter as the teacher turned his head to Mac and observed the book in front of him.

Oh shit- I'd thrown my Beatles book. Paul (?) chuckled again.

"A Beatles fan, are we?" He asked Mack went pale.

"Uh- actually, I-"

"I see. Name five of their songs."

Man, Mack was floundering out there. I wanted to help him, I really did. I'm just not that nice of a person.

"Uh...Yellow Submarine..."

"Easy." I muttered intimidatingly. He turned around to glare at me and I let out a little laugh.

"Uhh...Gun..."

"Hey, Mack," both the teacher, who I'm wanting to call Paul, and Mack turned to me. "You mean the Revolver album or Happiness is a Warm Gun?" Paul raised an eyebrow, like he was impressed.

"Umm, Hey Jewel."

"Jude."

"That's...that's what I said." I rolled my eyes. Sure. "And um..." Paul laughed for the third time in that five minute time span and walked away from a hapless Mack.

I buried my head in my hands and let all my laughter out. Pretty soon, Gail and Henry and Tanner and even Mack were laughing with me.

"Well, back to what I was going to say." Paul continued. "This year I'll be your music teacher as well as your homeroom. So as soon as the bell rings we'll begin first period music."

We took that as a signal to chat, and he let us do so.

"Best. Homeroom. Ever." I said in between laughs. Everyone agreed.

Riiiiiiiing!

Paul stood back up again and we all quieted down. This should be an interesting class.

But is our teacher really my idol?