Chapter 1

Sitting in our sun room and looking over our beautiful spring garden makes my eyes teary. I haven't seen my husband for two weeks. He claimed to be going on a business trip but he hasn't phoned and every time I phone him his phone goes straight to voice mail.

I received the most exiting news just after he left . We have been trying for three years to start a family but I failed to get pregnant. Doctors claim that my uterus has some defect. I can't even pronounce the medical word never mind to try and understand it. But the bottom line is that I will battle to get pregnant and if I do it will be a high risk pregnancy.

Dilton and I have always been happy and so in love but after we received that news our marriage took strain. Dilton has been drifting away from me the last few month, but I tried my best to keep him close. This little peanut in my stomach is evidence that I am succeeding but then he goes away for long periods of time and I start to wonder if I am really succeeding or am I only prolonging the inevitable.

"Mrs Kingsley"

"Mrs Kingsley sorry to disturb you but there is a phone call for you" I look to my side noticing Justine standing next to me, she is the head of my house keeping team.

"Oh, sorry Justine is there something you need" I feel my cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Feeling embarrassed. I must have been really far away in my own world.

"No problem ms but there is a phone call for you"

"Thank you Justine just transfer the call to the sun room I will take the call from here" she bows her head and exits the sun room. Not long after she has left I hear the familiar sound of a ringing telephone. I make my way over to the phone and on the third ring I have it again my ear.

"Elizabeth Kingsley good afternoon" I answer as polite as I can not really being in the mood for any chit chat.

"Lizzy it's Mark I have some news but I think it's better if we meet somewhere private." Mark is an old school friend of mine that owns his own security/ private investigator company here in New York.

"Mark is that really needed. Can't you just tell me now?" I mean how bad could it be.

"Can I come over then I would prefer to be there when I tell you" I can hear the sympathy in his voice.

"Sure just ask Justine to show you to the sun room when you arrive I will be waiting" with that I end the call. My mind is racing what can be so bad that Mark needs to tell me in person?

I have been in my own world once again wondering what news Mark is about to come tell me, when I heard footsteps behind me. I don't bother to look as I know it will be Mark. I just keep my eyes on the water fountain in the garden. The water is so calming and that is what I need right now. A calming environment.

"Mark" I greet with curt nod of my head still not looking at him. I don't want to see the pity in his eyes.

"Afternoon Lizzy" I still stare at the fountain not wanting to look at him. there is a tensioned silence in the room until he speaks again "Liz can you look at me please?" he is pleading mare than he is asking which makes me scrap all my courage together and turn my head to look at him. But as soon as I make eye contact with Mark I know my worst nightmare just came true my marriage is over. The news he is about to give me will shatter my world.

"Please just tell me Mark" I demand from him. I just need the truth. I need to know where my soul mate is or isn't. I just hope I am wrong.

"I am so sorry Lizzy I did what you asked but, unfortunately your intuition was right about Dilton, he has been and right at this moment is being unfaithful. Is there anything I can do for you?" I feel wetness on my cheek. I didn't even realize that I was crying. I start to shake my head.

"No, no thank you Mark I will be just fine. Can I walk you out?" I ask him hoping he would leave.

"No that is fine I will see myself out. Please Lizzy call me if you need anything" I nod my head and turn back towards garden focusing my sight on the fountain.

Was the fact that I couldn't get pregnant such a bad thing that he had to be unfaithful. If I couldn't have children there is so many other ways to become a family. Why cheat? Maybe his family finally got him to leave me. They never did want us to get married always believed that I only wanted his money. Which I never did. If his family did some research they would have found that after my grandfather passed he left me quite a lump of money. I was the one that told Dilton we need a prenuptial agreement to show his family that I did truly love him. I also requested that he must not add me to any of his bank accounts as I had my own money and my own job to provide for me. He was very upset with me but when he noticed that his family became more relaxed around me he understood.

I felt a bit dizzy all of a sudden but I didn't worry to much the doctor said I could experience some dizziness. I just had to ensure to sit down as soon as I felt dizzy. Lucky for me I am flat on my arse so I don't need to look for the nearest chair or bench. So all I did was keep my eyes trained on the water to try and calm myself. The dizziness just got worse and than I felt my eyes getting heavy and slowly everything around me seemed to slowly fade away and darkness consumed me.

I hear a voice, a very familiar voice calling my name but I couldn't open my eyes to see who it was. The only person my mind allows me to see is Dilton. Dilton with his dark hair, Dilton with his captivating blue eyes, Dilton with the cutest smile that will make any woman buckle by her knees, Dilton, Dilton....Dilton........Dilto.......n