Chapter 4

I have never seen see him look so lost. My handsome husband looks like he lost 20 pounds and his beard is longer than I have ever seen it. To be straight forward. He looks like shit.

"Lizzy can I come in?" I just nodded. I did say I will listen. So no more words from my mouth.

"Thank you" he move towards the seat next to my bed and makes himself comfortable.

"I have been waiting 5 days to talk to you but I can see that you are still hell bend on ignoring me." I just stare at him. He clears his throat as he looks at me. " I am not sure how to say this but. Elizabeth I would like to ask for a divorce. You can keep the house. I will he out by the time you get home." That is it. He begs to see me just to ask for a divorce. I can feel my throat closing up but I fight it. I will prove to him that I am not weak. I look him straight in the eyes and nod my acceptance.

From his back pocket he retrieves a folded paper and hands it to me.

"Could you please sign these for me. I know about everything Elizabeth. I also know I was not the father of your baby. I just want to put this behind me. In this settlement there is a bank account in your name with two million dollars. You get the house and your car. I can't offer for more after what you did."

Did he just accuse me of adultery. I want to lash out so badly but I swallow my pride. I take the papers and sign on all the dotted lines and hand it back to him. As he takes the papers our fingers brush and I feel this electric feeling up my arm. That cause me to look him in the eyes which was to worst thing I could have done. The hate in his eyes breaks me. But I will not argue with him on the divorce let him believe what he wants.

"Never thought you would sign this easily. And that without you stating your point or arguing. Thank you" with that he got up and moved to towards the door. As his hand rests on the door handle he pauses and turn to look at me. As our eyes meets a lone tear escape my eye and roll down my cheek. I will always love him but he has broken my trust. I sure hope our paths does not cross in the near future.

My life is such a mess. Now I have the opportunity to fix it. Become the woman I want.

I feel a cold hand on my arm which wakes me up. I can't even remember falling asleep. Did I really just sign my divorce papers?

"Ms Cage, we are here to prepare you for surgery." the nurse says as she secures my IV.

"Sure" was all I could say. The nurse busies herself with her preparations. She is very pretty but very young. As my eyes roam the walls I see a figure standing by the window next to the door.

"Who is standing outside my door?" I ask the nurse. I didn't tell my mom what time I will be going in so she won't be here. I doubt she even knows about the divorce paper and the fact that she asked for me to see him. If she knows that he gave me divorce papers she will forever blame herself.

"Not sure ms, that gentleman has been here the whole time you have been here apparently. I was off until today this is my first shift back."

"Oh, Okay thank you" She smiled at me while she moved to take my hospital bed of brakes. When I looked back at the window the figure was gone. Strange.

The nurse told me to relax and then started pushing me towards the operating room. The trip was quite nice. The girl is very chatty, but I think that is all for my peace of mind.

"Here we ms, you will be sedated now and then I will see you when you wake up." she place a mask on my face and asked me to count back from ten. The last number I remember was 4 then everything went black.

I saw Dilton standing at the altar waiting for me. He had the brightest smile on his face that i have ever seen. He looked so happy. As I got near his smile grew bigger. My dad stopped and the priest ask who is giving me away. I heard my father swallow hard as he looked at me and smiled he said I Gary Cage and my wife Maggie Cage. I smiled at him, I have always been his little girl. He turned to Dilton as he gave my hand to him he warned Dilton that if he ever broke my heart he will be hunted down. And what I found the most frighting was that he said it with a smile plaster on his face. My dad kissed my cheek and the ceremony continued.

We entered the reception area as Mr and Mrs Kingsley, and that made my heart swell. Ever since I graduated Dilton and I waited for this moment. I was 22 when we got married and he was 25 but we knew each other for over 2 year before we tied the knot. He has always been the man of my dreams. Loving, caring and respecting.

My whole wedding played in slow motion before my eyes and I loved watching it. The first year and a half of our married life all the happy days all the sad days and all the days filled with disappointment. Then I saw the test I took where I found out I was pregnant and that was the second happiest day of my life. Then my whole world came to a stop when everything turned red and cold. I started screaming as loud as I could when all of a sudden I hear my mothers smoothing voice singing to me.