Chapter 8

To: Global Publishers
Date: 13 May
From: M Mayfield

Hi Grace

Sorry this mail is so late. But attached is my final chapters for editing. Hope you love them.

As for the award, if I am chosen I will accept it. I think it's time for the world to find out who I am and for me to start living again.

Thank you for all your support! You are more than just my publisher!

Regards
Elizabeth

I really hope that the decision that I am making are for the best. I know that Dilton will recognise Matthew immediately but that is a chance I have to make. Now all I can do is wait for my publisher to let me know if I have won the award or not.

Mark said my parents knows about Matthew and that I am safe and not in the country anymore. I really do miss them. I told Matthew all about them and that they live far far away. Maybe I must phone my mom. But how will she react. Will she hate me. What will my dad do?

I sat in my office staring at the phone wondering whether or not I must phone. If what mark has said is true then they won't let Dilton know I phone. But I can't be sure he use to be like the son they never had.

My fingers stroked the phone and before I could decide against it I dailled their house number. It rang four times before some answered but as soon as I heard my moms voice I froze.

"Cage residence good evening." She still sounds the same after all this time. But her voice sounds broken, lost even.

"Hello, anyone there?" I tried but my voice failed me. It was her next words that struck something deep within me, maybe trust or I don't know but hearing that brought my voice back.

"Dilton if this is you I have told you not phone the house ever again. And even if I did know where my daughter is I would never tell you."

"Mom" was all I could say

"Elizabeth" I heard hope, with a mixture of disbelief in her voice.

"Mommy. It's me" I started sobbing, sobbing like a baby. I didn't think talking to my mom could bring on so many emotions.

"Oh Elizabeth how I have waited day and night for this call. Please tell me your fine. We miss you honey." I could hear the tears in her voice and I could hear how she tried to keep them in.

"I am fine mom I mean we are fine. Oh how I missed you mom."

James! James! James hurry up Liz is on the phone. I could hear my mom calling my father with excitement. Instantly I heard a second line being picked up.

"Elizabeth. Is that you?" How I missed that voice.

"Hello daddy"

"Honey come home we miss you" I never in my life hear my father's voice so thick with emotion.

"Soon daddy. I will come home soon. I promise"

"Elizabeth" this was my mom.

"Yes"

"Can I come visit? I would love to see you and I would love to meet my grandson. Please let me visit" I thought about it for a second and before I could change my mind or over think it I replied.

"Sure. Matthew would love to meet the both of you. Daddy can you private jet bring you to South Africa. Cape Town international airport and scedeul a landing for about 18H00 our time tomorrow?" If I postponed this I would never let them come.

"Sure who will be picking us up?" My father sounded relieved and happy.

"I will arrange for a driver. But for now I have to go I will see you soon." Before any of them could reply I hung up. Made the arrangements with the company that will be picking them up at the airport as well as made hotel reservations for if my home was not to their standards.

My heart and my head was in constant battle as I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. What have I done. What will my parents think of me now. Would they be proud of my accomplishments or would they be disappointed in me.

What will they think of Matthew. Will they accept him. Will they love him as grandparents. And then Matthew how in the world am I going to explain all of this to him. He is only 22 months old.

What have I done.

I tossed and turned all night with worry. My eyes were burning of tiredness but the will to sleep just didn't come. Staring out of my bedroom window I watched as the dark turned into dusk. The dark night sky turning a light pink colour as the sun starting rising on the horizon. The dark blue of the ocean turning into a sea blue green colour as the sun started taking the place of the bright star.

The sight of this gave me hope. Hope of new beginnings and hope for a brighter future. With the thought of my parents on their way and success of my last book to be announced. That hope was slowly becoming reality.

I heard patter of small feet approaching my room. I knew immediately that my angel was awake and that his mommy had tons of explaining to do. But somehow I knew my angel will be just as hopeful as I am. Somehow I knew everything will turn out just fine today. That my life will finally be filled with love again and that my son will receive all the love he deserves not just from me but from his grandparents to.

"Mommy" He said while rubbing his one eye.

"Morning buddy. Sleep well?" I asked with a genuine smile on my face. Matthew nodded which only made my smile wider.

"Would you like some flapjacks for breakfast buddy?" I asked as I bend down to pick him up.

"Yes pwease" He said nodding frantically.

"Come let's go"