Chapter 4

''Manon?''

She opened her eyes and looked into Alan's face. Manon sighed relieved. Hari-san jumped out of her arms. With this new freedom she hugged Alan tight. Alan wanted to return the hug, but decided against it. When Manon felt no arms around her she looked up at him with a worried expression. She saw that his eyes showed no emotions and disbanded the hug. Manon took one step back. What is wrong with him? Alan sighed.

''Manon. Leave'' Alan said cold.

''N-Nani?'' Manon asked confused.

''You heard me. Leave'' Alan repeated emotionless.

''No, I won't go without you'' Manon said determined.

''Why do you want to stay here? To be a burden for me again?'' Alan shouted angry.

Manon flinched by that and Hari-san grabbed anxiously one of her legs.

''No, I won't go without you, because you are an important friend for me'' Manon answered with glazed eyes.

''I'm an important friend to you? Well, I don't feel the same way about you. You're just a clumsy novice trainer and a burden for me. So leave already.'' Alan said serious.

Manon's eyes widened and filled with tears.

''Alan'' Manon began quietly but stopped when she saw, that he turned away from her.

Tears began to run down her cheeks and she ran away from Alan with Hari-san in tow.

Alan looked over his shoulder, turned around and gazed after her with a sad expression. I'm sorry Manon. But it's better for you. You must be as far away from me as possible. You were only in danger if you'd stayed with me. You are an important friend for me too, but if I had said that, you never had left me here. Alan replaced the sad look on his face with an emotionless expression, put his hands in his trouser pockets and walked to the room with the megalith.

Manon ran crying and aimless through the forest which grew between the labs and Lumiose City. Hari-san followed her with a worried expression on his face. She reached the city, but kept running. In front of the Pokémon Center her power left her, so she stopped. Manon and Hari-san went in and she sat down on a round table which stood on the left side. She put her arms on the table and rested her head on them. Her tears, which had dried because of the wind, started again. Hari-san tried his best to comfort her, but it didn't work. Manon's body was shaking because of the crying.

''Manon-kun?''

She looked up, wiped her tears away and faced the champion of the Houen region.

''Daigo-san?''Manon said sobbing.

''Manon-kun, what happened? Why are you crying?'' Daigo asked concerned.

''Alan... he'' she broke off. Her eyes filled with tears.

''He had said that... that I'm just a clum ... clumsy novice trainer and... and a burden for him'' Manon said sobbing.

''Manon-kun, please tell me everything that had happened since you are back in Kalos'' Daigo demanded politely.

Manon nodded and told him everything. While she did that tears ran down her cheeks.

''I see. Don't worry. I'm sure Alan didn't mean what he had said'' Daigo said reassuring.

''Honto-ni?'' Manon asked doubting.

''Yes, I'm sure of it. I think he had said that to protect you'' Daigo said still reassuring.

''To protect me?'' Manon asked quietly.

Daigo nodded and explained:

''You wouldn't have left without him if he had said something nice to you, right? So he said mean things to you, to bring you out of the danger. Without you, Fleur-de-lis-san has nothing on Alan, so he can sabotage his plans.''

Manon wiped her tears away and said with a worried expression:

''Soka. But we can't let him fight alone. I'm sure Fleur-de-lis-san is strong and has many subordinates. And if something goes wrong and Fleur-de-lis-san notices, that Alan did something to block his plans then he will do something to Alan. I know Alan is really strong, but I doubt, that he can fight the subordinates AND Fleur-de-lis-san on his own. We must help him.''

''I agree with you. We must stop Fleur-de-lis-san'' Daigo said determined.

Daigo, Manon and Hari-san left the Pokémon Center and ran in the direction of the labs. Alan, I can't believe you lied to me only to protect me. Now you're in danger. I'm sorry, but I can't let you fight on your own. You are too important for me. I know you are strong, but this time you need help. And me, Hari-san and Daigo-san will help you. That's what friends are there for.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)