chapt 1- Coming Home

Skylar's P.O.V.

"SHE ROUNDING THE LAST BARREL!!!! IF SHE MAKES IT BEFORE 15.2 SHE WILL WIN!!!" The announcer yelled into the microphone.

"SHE MADE IT WITH A NEW RECORD OF 14.9 SECONDS!!!" the announcer yelled again. I got of my horse "Good girl, Nightmare." She was panting.

*****

"In 3rd place....Mary Jane and her horse Lightning. "

"In 2nd place...Stacy Rean and her horse Spirit."

"In 1st place with 14.9 seconds..... Skylar Greane and her horse Nightmare!" This was my 4th year in a row to win in the PBR. I walked out to the announcer with Nightmare's bridle in my hand.

"So Skylar, how dose it feel to win 4 times in a row?"

"Well, you see, rodeos are about the lessons you learn, not just the buckles and winning. I have learned so much throughout the years. And to be host it wouldn't really effect me if I didn't get a buckle or something. It's about having fun at doing what you love."

"Well, you heard her folks! Give her a round of applause." The crowd clapped and cheered. I got my buckle and went to go stand, getting ready for the signing and pictures.

*next day*

I got up at 5:00a.m. I put on a nice button up short sleeve shirt, pair of blue jeans, and my old leather boots. I walked out to the field so I could load up nightmare and head home. I have been staying at a old friend of mines house. I two fingered whistled. After a few seconds Nightmare came galloping around the corner.

"Let's go Nightnmare." She walked up to the gate. I opened it up and put the halter on her and lead her to the trailer. "Good girl." I grabbed my bags and put them in the backseat of my truck. Stacy was in her truck and she had her horse Spirit already loaded up.

I pulled out of the drive way with Stacy behind me. We were in Kansas and we were heading to Oklahoma. I can't wait to see my friends and family again.

*3 hours later*

We finally got to the dirt road that leads us home. We pulled into the driveway. I got out of the truck and unloaded nightmare and Stacy did the same. When we were done we walked into the big two story house.

"Welcome Back!!!" Everyone yelled as we walked in.

I got engulfed in a huge hug from my dad "how have you been darling?"

"Fine dad, you?" I asked.

"Just fine now that my baby is home." He said hugging me.

I walked up to my room and out my bags on the bed. My room was a purple color with different designs in torquiose.

I was going to shift in 3 days I am so excited.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.

Quote: Rodeos are about lessons, not the buckles and winnings.
-Unknown

VOTE.

COMMENT.

SHARE.

JAY♡♡