Because Its My Life

Skylar's pov

I got dressed in my nice western black jeans and a black shirt with turquoise designs on it and fringes. I have my black boots that also has simular turquoise design. I put on my black cowgirl hat that had a silver band around it, and my turquoise, silver, and black belt that had one of my winning buckles. My buckle had a horse with a rider on it and it was going around the barrel. It had black and silver on it.

I grabbed my phone and my trick riding clothes then walked downstairs. I have to leave earlier then my family because I have to get all my things and Nightmare and Apolo loaded, and get Nightmare warmed up ready to run.

*******at the rodeo grounds******

I walked nightmare around getting ready for the national anthem.

Everyone, if you have a hat on please take it off while we bow are head and pray.

Lord, we come to you tonight, hoping you'll be with us and will making sure all our riders and watchers go home safe. In your name we pray, amen.

Please keep your hats off for the national anthem by Stacy Rean.
***
Thank you Stacy. Please give it up for Stacy Rean!

Everyone clapped and whistled.

First up, barrel racing.

"C'mon Nightmare." I click my tongue making her gallop in a circle.

"Good girl.." I cooed as I patted her neck. She nudged my shoulder with her nose and she whinied.

We walked to the opening to where we will start. I am number 5.

Number 3, Jane Taylor, and her horse bullet, will be our next barrel racers. The anouncer spoke.

She has road since before she even walked. She grew up in this small town we call home. She is fifteen years old and has been in rodeo club since her 8th grade year. The anouncer finished.

I watch as Jane went around the first barrel. She was good she did the basics, don't hold the horn, don't kick around the barrel. The one thing that really caught me was she was leaning into the turn. Which is bad, it can take the horse off balance and could get her hurt.

She came back with 14.8 seconds. Everyone congratulated her. I waited.
She came up to me.

"Good job Jane. You did really good. But will you take some of my advise?" I asked nicely.

She nodded. "When you go around a barrel you lean into the turn. You never want to do that. It slows you down, and if you lean in to far you could get hurt by taking the horse off balance. So when you go around the barrel, just keep your back straight and lean away where you give off an equal balance." She smiled and thanked me.

"Good luck." She waved and walked away.

"Thanks"

Number 5, Skylar Greene, she is 18. She has ridden since she was in diapers. Her horse is nightmare and they have been in competing in the PBR. She has won many buckles from barrel racing, broncs, bulldoging, roping, you name it she probably did it. She is also one of our towns trickriders. Good luck Skylar.

I got ready, I took a deep breath in and a deep breathe out.

"Let's go!!" I yelled kicking nightmare. I rounded the first barrel with 4 seconds on the clock.