Chapter 11

Wind blew through the weeping trees softly. The star-filled sky blanketed the Earth in darkness and beauty as the sun had finished setting. A crescent moon shone down, creating a soft light. Distant howls of sirens echoed through the city as surrounding lights went out for bed. The world seemed quieter that night.

Levi sat in the middle of the street and tucked his feet to his chest. Nobody could harm him more than the memories of what he had just seen. He had no fear anymore. He hadn't a reason to live. He felt awful about what he had just seen, and also a little jealous. Was Annie really a dream- seer too? Or was that just a dream Eren had? Either way Levi had reason to worry.

In his dream Eren had given up the two people most dear to him, and Levi couldn't figure out why. He had ended his life within that dream.

Does Eren not love me anymore?

Eren sat up in his bed and stared down at his hands. They had scraped at the walls and bedding. What an awful dream. Did Levi still exist after that? Was this actually his goodbye? Was he too cowardly to face Eren in person and leave him?

Eren didn't know for sure, but he was uneasy about things now. He grabbed a pillow and held it to his chest, wishing it were Levi he could cuddle with.

Wishing it was Levi who could cheer him up.

But that wasn't going to happen for a while. Eren had to calm himself down and figure himself out before he could finish this relationship. It was too soon to be ending it, and too late at the same time. They had gotten so far... what happened? Was this dream Eren's wakeup call? Was it that he had had doubts all along?

Levi got up off the cool evening lit concrete and started towards Eren's place. He desperately wanted to see him, and he could sense Eren was feeling sad and unsure of himself. He sprinted across the road, dodging a truck at warp speed. He pounded on the door and tried to push it in, but no response. He kicked at it and scraped at it, doing everything he could to get it open, but it wouldn't budge.

"God dammit Eren you've left me no choice."

Levi's limbs started to disappear and he went through the door with his particles. He reconnected them inside, forming his limbs back again and stood inside the door, a little bit dazed by his sudden transformation.

He speed walked back into Eren's room, and the bed that they had slept on just a few nights ago, and opened the door. He saw no sign of Eren anywhere. He quieted his breathing, and waited to see if he could hear him. He heard nothing. No sobbing, no sadness, no bleeding heart. No. Instead he felt anger, frustration, sheer evil coming from just one room over.

What... is this?

He was almost too stunned for words. This feeling he felt was not what he was expecting and not something he wanted to feel.

(( A/N jk I'm changing the ending! sorry y'all should read below, because I changed everything from here down ))

Levi sprinted into the other room as quickly as he possibly could travel on those legs of his. His jaw nearly dropped at what he saw sitting on the extra bed. It was not Eren. What he saw was not Eren at all. Blonde hair, large nosed, female. Annie Leonhardt. She sat cross legged on the bed and stared down into her lap. There was nothing there. Levi stood still, wondering if she heard him, or even sensed him. Sure enough, she lifted her head and stared at the raven haired man. Her expression was unreadable to Levi; he'd never seen such a face before. It looked like pure evil, but there was a hint of vengeful and remorse.

Annie inhaled loudly and sighed it out over a span of ten seconds. She licked her lips, almost seductively, and smirked at Levi.

"Well look what we have here~" She giggled and slowly crawled to the edge of the bed. She stood up and walked over to Levi. The room was silent, and one could hear her footsteps across the wooded floor.

Levi stood still, trying his best not to show emotion. In reality, he had no clue what was going on. He wanted to know where Eren was and why Annie was here in his house, in his place. He was worried and frightening, even scared for Eren. Levi had no idea of this girl's power, and didn't know of the danger he was facing, just standing before Annie.

"Did you have something to do with this mighty dream?" Annie questioned.

"I know nothing of what you are asking."

"So it wasn't you who had finished off Eren?" The edges of her lips pricked upwards.

At that moment Levi knew. It hit him like a bus, and wounded his heart severely. Yes, it was Annie who had done this, but there was more to it than that. He knew the answer to the next question that popped into his head.

Is Eren truly dead?

Tears welled up in his eyes, but he didn't wish to speak. He was stunned silent from his realization. He shut his eyes tightly and drew in a deep breathe. His head dropped down and his eyes were on the floor, his hair covering them.

"It was you..." He spoke lowly in a deep tone. Levi thought for a second, but couldn't choke up any more words.

"Hmm~? I can't hear you; you'll have to speak up." She said slyly and cocked her head. "It's quite a shame that you couldn't save him. Even that you didn't know what was happening until it ha already happened. And to think you are known as the strongest."

Levi raised his head slowly and made eye contact with the blonde demon who stood before him. His eyes were dull. Levi looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die. There was nothing threatening about his appearence, nor menacing.

"Eren's dead." He whispered to her.

"Is he really? I didn't know that!" Annie cackled and fell back onto the bed. "Ah~ I was wondering how long it would take you to figure that out." She sighed and licked her lips. "That's right, and I'm who done it. And that wasn't just a dream, my dear Levi. If I can't have him, then nobody can..."

Levi saw the evil in her bright blue eyes.

"So I killed him."