-chapter 1-

-Vics POV-

"How the fuck does his brain even function that fast?" Mike whispered to my table, as we all watched Kellin scribble answers to equations on the chalk board that just looked like random letters and numbers to us.

Kellin Quinn.

The school nerd.

Slicked hair, thick glasses, sweater vests, khakis, and brown dress shoes. This kid is smarter than god damn Einstein.

Constantly had his face buried in a book, or was writing maths equations on any writeable surface. Everyone thinks he's super weird and hates him. Everyone but me.

There's just something about his passion for learning, and how timidly he carried himself. So what if he's a little geeky? I find it cute.

From other peoples stand points, Kellin and I are polar opposites. He's a nerd that lacks social skills, I'm popular and socialize with everyone, he's shy and timid, I'm confident and outgoing.

Opposites attract, I guess. This was also some seriously cliché shit.

"I don't know, man. Dude's a fucking genius," Tony said, looking down at his paper in frustration, and dropping his pencil on the table in defeat.

My eyes fixated on Kellin, as he pushed his glasses farther up the bridge of his nose, smiling shyly as the teacher praised his good work. He started walking back to his table, Steve whispering 'faggot' as he passed him.

I felt anger boil up inside of me. That word gets me pissed in ways words can't describe, and when they're directed at Kellin, I get really fucking mad. The poor kid was constantly insulted.

Kellins table was right beside mine. I crumpled a piece of paper and threw it at Steve's head. He whipped his head around, about to start cussing out Kellin, thinking it was him.

Rolling my eyes, I snapped my fingers to get his attention. 'What the fuck' I mouthed, creasing my face in anger. He shrugged, smirking at me.

I swear all of the jocks at this school are pricks. Trust me, just because I'm popular, doesn't mean I'm friends with everyone. Most people just enjoyed talking to me.

Sure, I know everyone, but a lot of them really aren't worth my time. Most of the girls just flirt with me, and try to get in my pants, and most of the boys are douche bags that try to impress people by making fun of others.

Society really is fucked.

I snapped back into reality, turning to Kellin, who was looking down at his notebook, writing something really quickly yet graceful at the same time. He looked so into whatever it was, I thought it was really cute.

He bit his lip in concentration, making my eyes linger there for longer than what would have been a normal way to look at someone. I couldn't help myself, his lips are so pink and plump, and bow shaped. The way his glasses kept sliding down his nose, and he had to push them back up, drove me crazy.

You're probably thinking, why the fuck would you like the nerd? Well, I honestly don't care what he's classified as, I still like him. Nerdy wasn't really my type until I saw Kellin. I guess Kellin is just my type.

Usually, it's the other way around where the nerd likes the popular guy, but not this time. Funny thing is, I don't even have the balls to ask him out. Hell, even talk to him. I'm Vic Fuentes, no one makes me nervous.

I sighed dreamily, keeping my gaze on Kellin, and Kellin only, smiling to myself as he sneezed gently. God, even his sneezes are cute.

"Mr Fuentes, would you mind repeating what I just said."