New job

The ride was not to long , since the camp was only a few minuets away from the estate . But neither Jessica or Tavington spoke to one another . Until they arrived " we'll stop here " Tavington said coming to a halt . Jessica quickly dismounted the horse before Tavington , she was thankful to get off the horse and away from him . He then dismounted the horse after her .

" Right then , you will be working in that tent over there " he said nodding towards the far tent behind her .

" Very well " she said .

They started to walk toward the tent , Jessica following behind him . She looked around to see some other men the way they stared at her made her feel like they were undressing her with they eye's , She knew that if they had the chance they would try to take advantage of her .

Tavington turned his head to look at Jessica he watched as men stood giving her longing looks , . He could tell Jessica was uncomfortable .She quickly rushed up beside Tavington to feel some sense of protection " I told you they would be eager " He smirked leaning down whispering into Jessica's ear.

Tavington lifted a flap he removed his hat placing it under is arm as they both stepped inside the tent . It was a larger tent with six cots and a stand sitting beside a cot with some medical supplies the stand held several pitures of water, bowls, gauze, and everything else she could possibly need.

" you probably wont see much today , the only gruesome thing you'll encounter will be only be a bullet wound , any amputations will be taken care by our surgeons . " Tavington ensured her

Jessica stepped forward looking around the room once more .

" Miss Martin " She heard Colonel Tavington say . She turned to face him .

" Yes , Colonel " she asked . waiting for him to say something " Well i just wanted to say - well " he stopped

" I'll be leaving you now " He said placing his hat back on his head pulling down the chin strap .

" I will visit you back here when i return later this evening , And don't bother running away there will be some officers standing guard outside of the tent " With that said he gave a slight bow leaving her standing alone .

Jessica thought to herself as she walked over to one of the cots plopping down on one of them , crossing her arms into her lap . She knew that what Tavington said wasn't true . not that him leaving was not the truth but she knew there was something else he wanted to say to her , something sincere or kind perhaps .

Jessica shook her head , she knew Tavington would not say such thing's of kindness after the dispute they had in the stables and bedroom . But in the back of her mind she still wondered .

She sighed heavily as she looked around the room a bit . She knew that this was going to be a long boring day of doing absolutely nothing . A few hours later Jessica only tended to a few men that were injured . Well injured , but they were only minor . Men came in complaining about sore limbs , strained muscles or if it got ' intreasting ' she bandaged up a deep cut or two .

Nonetheless she had something to do , instead of doing nothing . Jessica took a break to step outside of the tent , she was surprised to see that the day was almost ending , the sun was setting . Evening was approaching soon and she knew Tavington must be too , Jessica walked back over to one of the cots . She was tired from the night before she barley got any sleep , she was thinking to much about her family .

She laid down on the cot closing her eye's dozing off to sleep .

Tavington decided to head back to the British estate and camp with the rest of the Green Dragoons . When they arrived later in the evening Tavington decided instead of going straight to the stables he was going to check up on Jessica first , he wondered how she did on her first day at work .