Unexpected morning surprise

" she spoke " Benjamin paused " Susan talk t-to you " He said smiling in shock . It had took Gabriel a while for him to get back to the old Spanish mission in Black-swamp , Gabriel had only arrived early that morning returning to his father Benjamin Martin

" Full sentences , as if she had been speaking all along " Gabriel said smiling back to him " Damn i wasn't there for it " Benjamin sighed

" What did she say " he asked

" Father " Gabriel said back to him .

" What is it " He replied back ,as he stood starring at Gabriel . " It's about Jessica " . Benjamin Martin's face had a look of concern now .

" well , what's wrong Gabriel , is she doing okay , Is she not getting along with the other's ? " He asked

" Father I'm afraid it's worse then that " Gabriel frowned starring back at his father .

" Gabriel , what's happened to her " He asked , his voice filled with fear .

" That night , when John Billing's and I arrived at aunt Charlotte's later that night after the British had burned her house , When we got to aunt Charlotte and the others . I noticed she wasn't there , aunt Charlotte said while they were hiding from the British Green Dragoons "

" The Dragoons , those bastards " Benjamin sneered interrupting Gabriel .

Gabriel nodded in agreement .

while they were hiding " Gabriel continued " Jessica was hiding some-ware else , they waited for her to join them . But she didn't come back , she was taken " Gabriel sighed , Benjamin looked confused for a moment .

" How do they know she was taken , she could have still been in that house " He said

" They saw them " Gabriel replied . "we should go " Gabriel said standing up starting to walk away . " were ? " Benjamin asked

" To save Jessica were else ? " He asked confused turning around to face his father .

" That's just what the British want Gabriel , they will use her as some sort of levredge to get at us . "

" Then what do you suggest we do ? " Gabriel asked

" We wait until we come up with a plan , we can not act on foolishness or it might just cost us our militia again . And I'm afraid we will not get away with what we did last time again

" Benjamin stated , sitting down on a chair behind him " Unfortunetly we cant do much to help her right now " He sighed

Gabriel walked back to his seat sitting down .

" I'm worried " he said quietly

" I know " Benjamin Martin replied

Jessica opened her eyes rolling over to hear a knocking at the door , She got up quickly from her bed grabbing her robe that was lying on the floor . she heard another knock

" Just a minuet " She called out She shoved each arm through the sleeves and adjusted her night gown , " Come in " she said as she finished making herself decent .

Jessica looked at the door confused to see General O'Hara walked through the door stepping into her room .

" Good Morning , Miss Martin " He said greeting her with a smile .

" Morning General " She replied .

" were is Colonel Tavington , he said last night that he would be here to wake me , I didn't expect you to be here "

O'Hara looked at Jessica a little offended

" Not that it's a bad thing , General " She lied . O'Hara then smiled again

" Colonel Tavington had to get an earlier head start on the day . But he said he should be back this evening to visit you " . Jessica nodded " I see " .

" Well General , what are my orders for the day "she asked .

" Well before the Colonel left he did tell me that he wanted you to proceed with the job you were given yesterday "

he told her .

" Now , I'll leave you to get dressed and ready i will be waiting outside your door when you are ready " O'Hara said . " Yes sir "

" Very well then " O'Hara said leaving the room and closing the door .She sighed to herself , she felt like she had no freedom there was no point on running away since there was a officer keeping watch on her at all times .

Even last night when she went to go relive herself she had to get someone to unlock the door for her , and if that wasn't bad enough she couldn't go to the bathroom alone without someone waiting outside the door for her .

Jessica pulled her nurses outfit out from the drawer of her night-stand . she quickly got dressed and put her hair up , when she was finished she walked over to the door , she twisted the handle . She was surprised to find the door unlocked . O'Hara stood there waiting to escort her out of the mansion .

" Shall we Miss Martin " O'Hara said waiting to leave .

" Yes general O'Hara " Jessica said .

" Then come with me " He said . O'Hara lead Jessica through and out of the Mansion taking her to the stables .

"We will be riding on separate horses , you will be riding that one there " he said pointing over to a beautiful pure white horse

" and I will ride this one here" O'Hara said placing his hand on the horse slightly stroking its shiny black coat .

Jessica walked over to the horse preparing herself to mount it , O'Hara came from behind her to help sit up on the saddle . Jessica turned her head to look at O'Hara , she suddenly felt uncomfortable .

" I'm fine general I can manage , thank you " she said sitting up on the saddle.

" Yes , Miss of course " he said stepping back from the horse blushing a little .

Jessica knew that O'Hara was just being nice , but she wasn't about to get all friendly with the enemies .

O'Hara sat up on his horse as it walked towards hers , he came beside her taking the long reins of her horse holding it into his hand . " we should be going now

" He said as he motioned the horses to walk . " General O'Hara , i can take the reins of my own horse " she said annoyed .

" I'm afraid i can't let you do that Miss Martin , you could run away for all we now . " He chuckled a little . Jessica sighed

" why would I when obviously I cant ", she was going to plan to talk to Tavington about her freedom when he returns .

When They arrived at the camp , O'Hara drop her off a little ways away from her tent saying his goodbyes, then leaving he made his way back to the mansion taking both horses with him .Jessica headed over to her tent , as she lifted the flap walking into the tent she stopped dead in her tracks in shock .

She felt a lump rise up in her throat and her heart race a bit but she instantly dismissed it. She saw Colonel Tavington sitting on one of the cots His vest , jacket and hat were tossed aside . Tavington's face screamed pain as he held his right arm . His white blouse and hand were covered in blood . He looked up at her when he heard her enter .

He was trying to hold back the pain , that was now spreading across his face .