Forgiven

I followed Jared to his truck and he opened the door for me before shutting it and then getting in on the drivers side and instantly facing me.
I however, didn't face him. I was afraid to look at him. I knew that if I looked at him that I would be doomed and I would take no time to smash my lips against his.
"Well, I guess I'm going to start the conversation huh?" Jared said to me.
I nodded, still making eyes contact and then I heard him take a deep breath and clear his throat.
"What I did was terrible, and I know that but let me explain." He began and when I didn't comment he continued.
"I left because I didn't want to say the words, "goodbye." It was easier for me to leave without a word than to say goodbye because I knew it was going to fucking suck saying goodbye to you."
His hand made its way into my hand and his thumb rubbed against the back of my hand and I began to get teary eyed.
"Okay, I get that but why didn't you leave a note o-or something letting me know you left because of that? I thought you were left because you thought I was pathetic or that you had gotten into my pants and that's all you wanted. That's what I thought and THAT... That hurt me, Jared. It fucking hurt." I said letting some tears fall.
He kissed the back of my hand and then wiped away the tears.
"Please look at me, Ell." He whispered and then I gave in.
I looked towards him and more tears feel and then I hugged him.
He held his hand on the back of my neck and his lips found the side of my neck before leaving and meeting my lips.
He kissed me and then held me tighter.
"I'm sorry Ell. I didn't mean to hurt you that badly. I just didn't want to say goodbye." He said and I nodded.
I rested my forehead against his and I nodded a bit more.
"I know. I know..."